Big Boy 45colt Rifling issue

here is a place to discuss anything related to Henry
Pat
Wrangler
United States of America

Big Boy 45colt Rifling issue

Post by Pat » Sat Sep 21, 2019 2:55 am

Hi everyone, Just joined the forum ...
I've always wanted a Henry and finally bought me a H010B 45-70 about 6weeks ago . Its the perfect rifle for up here in Alaska and i also put a Ranger Point Precision cloverleaf peep on it . Man i love this rifle!!!!
My wifes birthday is close so i bought her a Big Boy 45colt for her present a week ago (yeah we are suckers for 45cal) . Also bought her a peep like mine because she loved mine lol
Anyway she put some rounds through it and the first cleaning i found a issue with the rifling at the crown . Looks to me that the tool ate into the riflings while crowning ..... it's current on its way back to Henry , she was already in love with it and sad to see it leave already !!! But things happen and i here good things about Henry's customer service.
Screenshot_20190919-081349_Gallery.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
0 x

Vaquero
Ranch Boss
United States of America

Re: Big Boy 45colt Rifling issue

Post by Vaquero » Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:15 am

Sorry to hear of the woes, but I'm pretty sure it'll be back before you know it.
Please keep us informed.

Welcome to the forum, from Tenn.
There's a thread about how many Henry's, please add to the list, if you don't mind.
http://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2019

RP
1 x
Monte Walsh "You have No idea how little I care". :lol:

Ain't No Apologies for My Temperament :shock:
Si vis pacem, para bellum
H001, H006, H012

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:28 am

congrats on both Henry rifles, sorry to hear of the issue with the 45 .... Henry will make it right .... looking forward to hearing your assessment as to any difference in performance you may see ... our 45-70 is an outstanding performer .... please take a look at our How Many ? thread (link below) and add your rifles to our community's total

http://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic.p ... 00#p107500
1 x

BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Post by BigAl52 » Sat Sep 21, 2019 10:29 am

Welcome to the forum Pat. Glad you joined us. Henrys customer service will take care of you and I know you wont be disappointed.
1 x
Don't worry about getting older and still doing stupid stuff. You'll do the stupid stuff as always, only much slower. Hold my beer and watch this.......

H001T .22LR
H001T .22LR MONUMENT VALLEY
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55

The Wiz
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by The Wiz » Sat Sep 21, 2019 10:30 am

Welcome!
1 x
Vietnam, Cambodia, DMZ
101st Airborne, Recon. ( Where in the heck are we?)
25th Inf. Div.2/22 Inf. Reg.(mech.)
Sgt., U.S. Army, Sniper

S&W Model 67
Uberti 1851 Navy Conv.
Uberti 1873 Bisley
Henry .357 Carbine CCH
Henry SGR .22
Taurus 856

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Sat Sep 21, 2019 12:21 pm

Welcome from the TV, Oregon!

The buggered crown is something that shows up from time to time. Some older posts here somewhere about that. I had to send my 2nd Henry back right after purchase for a different problem and it was a sure letdown/disappointed feeling to let it go. Just the same HenryCS took care of it. There is as much excitement getting it back as the day I bought it! They are really good at warranty customer satisfaction.
Pat wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 2:55 am
Hi everyone, Just joined the forum ...
2 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234

Pat
Wrangler
United States of America

Post by Pat » Tue Sep 24, 2019 10:01 pm

Well sportsman's warehouse, which is where i bought it was supposed to send it back last week..... called Henry today and they've not seen it . Called sportsmans and they said they sent it out yesterday 🤔🤔 . Asked for a tracking number and they said they would have to call back . Had to call and bug them again and they said they call right back with it ......... you see where this is going right lol !!!!!! They call back with the tracking number which was created within 20mins of the last phone call. Needless to say me and the store manager had a meeting and i now have the gun back in my possession and a return shipping label from Henry 🤬🤬🤬 i used to spend a crap load of money in that store , over 3k in the last 6weeks as a matter of fact . Store manager apologized and said it was completely unacceptable. Said if i ever wanted to give them another try , find him and he would make sure i got a hell of a deal on anything i wanted ....... lol i just wanted my dang gun fixed for my wifes birthday!!!!
3 x

BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Post by BigAl52 » Tue Sep 24, 2019 10:56 pm

Ya dont blame you Pat. Customer service just isnt around much anymore. Then these stores wonder why people buy online and dont come into the stores.
4 x
Don't worry about getting older and still doing stupid stuff. You'll do the stupid stuff as always, only much slower. Hold my beer and watch this.......

H001T .22LR
H001T .22LR MONUMENT VALLEY
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55

Mistered
Drover
United States of America

Post by Mistered » Wed Sep 25, 2019 6:15 am

Welcome from Wickiup junction, Oregon.
Sorry to hear about your experience not only with your Henry but Sportsman's Warehouse as well.
My local Sportsmam's is pretty good but I have never had to deal with them on anything such as the return of a firearm.
A good reminder however to always inspect firearms very carefully at the time of purchase - up to and including a basic bore swab.
I read of far too many gun problems that seem to be noticed after purchase and should have been caught at the time.
2 x

Pat
Wrangler
United States of America

Post by Pat » Wed Sep 25, 2019 10:58 am

Mistered wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 6:15 am
Welcome from Wickiup junction, Oregon.
Sorry to hear about your experience not only with your Henry but Sportsman's Warehouse as well.
My local Sportsmam's is pretty good but I have never had to deal with them on anything such as the return of a firearm.
A good reminder however to always inspect firearms very carefully at the time of purchase - up to and including a basic bore swab.
I read of far too many gun problems that seem to be noticed after purchase and should have been caught at the time.
Agreed , I usually inspect really good and catch everything ....... but i was on my lunch break and hurried through it quickly, i should've went back after work and took my time ....... definitely pissed at myself , because i new better 🤬
0 x