Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Registering your gun with Henry

here is a place to discuss anything related to Henry
ESquared
Deputy Administrator
United States of America

Re: Registering your gun with Henry

Post by ESquared » Sun Aug 18, 2019 6:35 pm

Seems like there have been numerous reports that CCI Standard Velocity performs very well, with great consistency. Not a plug for TargetSports, just the first one to pop up on Google.

https://www.targetsportsusa.com/cci-sta ... p-884.aspx
0 x
BB Steel .357 | SGC 22LR | LR .308 | CCH 30-30 | BB Brass .45 Colt (Carbine) | Single Shot 20 gauge | Single Shot .223 | Single Shot 357

Cofisher
Drover
United States of America

Post by Cofisher » Sun Aug 18, 2019 7:41 pm

Just for the record...I don't 'register ' my guns with anyone. Not that I'm paranoid or anything. Lol.
0 x
Remember, it's not how many guns you have. It's how many bullets you have.

CT_Shooter
Administrator emeritus
United States of America

Post by CT_Shooter » Sun Aug 18, 2019 7:44 pm

I'll give TargetSportsUSA a plug. They have great prices, free shipping in quantity, and if you live outside of CT, no taxes. Very solid company.
ESquared wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 6:35 pm
Seems like there have been numerous reports that CCI Standard Velocity performs very well, with great consistency. Not a plug for TargetSports, just the first one to pop up on Google.

https://www.targetsportsusa.com/cci-sta ... p-884.aspx
0 x
H006M Big Boy Brass .357 - H001 Classic .22LR - Uberti / Taylors & Co. SmokeWagon .357 5.5" - Uberti / Taylors & Co. RanchHand .22LR 5.5"

daytime dave
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by daytime dave » Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:34 am

Just as an aside, I called Henry for a warranty issue on my golden boy (my first Henry) and at that time, you registered your rifle then received your warranty service. That didn't last too long.

As the others have said. If you own the Henry, they will fix it. No questions, no problems, just repairs.
1 x
Some days I'm Andy, most days I'm Barney........
Eaglescout, NRA Life Endowment member, BCCI Life Member

GunnyGene
Drover
United States of America

Post by GunnyGene » Sat Sep 07, 2019 11:43 am

I think you may be looking for a Letter of Authenticity, such as Colt, S&W, Ruger, and others offer. https://ruger.com/pdf/letterOfAuthenticity.pdf .

I don't know if Henry also provides that but you could ask them.

As for what ammo, most .22lr rifles are comfortable with the standard 40gr plated round nose. I won't say it's "best" however since that will depend on the intended use - plinking, small game, competition, etc., and the specific rifle. I'd suggest (as I usually do) that you buy a few boxes of several different brands, types, and weights and compare their performance head to head. It's a reasonably inexpensive way to find out what works for you and your gun in the case of .22 ammo, but gets a little pricey for centerfire calibers. I'll typically go thru several hundred rounds this way before settling on a specific brand, etc. for a new gun. You will need to record all the info with this approach so you don't just "seat of the pants" it.
0 x
Bellum Omnium Contra Omnes is rapidly becoming a reality (11/2023). Para Bellum.

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Sat Sep 07, 2019 1:05 pm

Aside to Aside... When I sent my LR in for warranty service, I didn't see or perform a 'register rifle' step. If the HenryCS person did it for me from our email conversation, I was unaware that he used the information I provided to register it.
daytime dave wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:34 am
Just as an aside, I called Henry for a warranty issue on my golden boy (my first Henry) and at that time, you registered your rifle then received your warranty service. That didn't last too long.

As the others have said. If you own the Henry, they will fix it. No questions, no problems, just repairs.
0 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234

daytime dave
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by daytime dave » Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:42 am

It doesn't happen anymore. It used to be on their website too. I'm talking around 2007 or so.
1 x
Some days I'm Andy, most days I'm Barney........
Eaglescout, NRA Life Endowment member, BCCI Life Member