Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Failure to cycle

here is a place to discuss anything related to Henry
ozark75
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Re: Failure to cycle

Post by ozark75 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 4:04 pm

So, a little update. Henry has attempted 3 repairs. None of them successful. Very disappointing. I sent an email to Mr Imperato, I am ready to just give the gun back to them and walk away.
0 x

BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Post by BigAl52 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 5:20 pm

Have you tried just loading like 6 rounds and see if it does it then?
0 x
Don't worry about getting older and still doing stupid stuff. You'll do the stupid stuff as always, only much slower. Hold my beer and watch this.......

H001T .22LR
H001T .22LR MONUMENT VALLEY
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55

GFK
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by GFK » Mon Aug 19, 2019 5:52 pm

Interesting. Yes, I am wondering if it is heat related.
0 x
Actions speak louder than words (Matthew 7:16-20).

ozark75
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Post by ozark75 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:05 pm

I tried loading only 5. Trouble eject shell 4 and loading round 5. No matter what I do, second to last shell wont eject and final round wont load.
0 x

CT_Shooter
Administrator emeritus
United States of America

Post by CT_Shooter » Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:27 pm

Please let us know when you receive an answer from him and what he suggests about your experience. Three times with zero results seems like it might deserve his attention. Thanks.
ozark75 wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 4:04 pm
I sent an email to Mr Imperato...
0 x
H006M Big Boy Brass .357 - H001 Classic .22LR - Uberti / Taylors & Co. SmokeWagon .357 5.5" - Uberti / Taylors & Co. RanchHand .22LR 5.5"

ESquared
Deputy Administrator
United States of America

Post by ESquared » Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:44 pm

Just so I'm tracking correctly, you have sent your rifle back to Henry three separate times or you sent it back once and they tried 3 different things to fix it (unsuccessfully) or they gave you three things to try yourself?

The note to Imperato is appropriate and should yield results.
0 x
BB Steel .357 | SGC 22LR | LR .308 | CCH 30-30 | BB Brass .45 Colt (Carbine) | Single Shot 20 gauge | Single Shot .223 | Single Shot 357

ozark75
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Post by ozark75 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:34 pm

The first call I made they sent me a new inner mag tube to replace myself. Didnt solve the problem.

Called a second time, they requested I send it in. They replaced the inner mag tube (I had already done this per the first warranty call). Didnt solve the problem.

Called a third time, they requested I send it in. They replaced the bolt and carrier. Didnt solve the problem.

I only sent it to Henry two times (they sent me the inner mag tube the first time), but I made three total attempts with Henry to fix my gun.

Quite disappointed. I am interested to see what he has to say also. Quite frankly, I didnt ask him for a replacement, a refund or even additional repair work (it doesnt appear they know how to fix it and I am tired of dealing with it). I only asked for a return shipping label so I can return it to them to throw in the garbage. I dont want to throw it in my garbage at the curb (not a good idea), but I am pretty much done. Im just going to cut my losses and move on.
Last edited by ozark75 on Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x

CT_Shooter
Administrator emeritus
United States of America

Post by CT_Shooter » Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:46 pm

I would be upset, too. Your experience with HRA Customer Service should be addressed; though, I'm sure -- in the end -- you will be satisfied. It's guaranteed. Please let us know when you receive Anthony Imperato's reply and what happens next. Thanks.
ozark75 wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:34 pm
I made three total attempts with Henry to fix my gun.

Quite disappointed and Im ready to cut my losses and just throw it in the garbage.
0 x
H006M Big Boy Brass .357 - H001 Classic .22LR - Uberti / Taylors & Co. SmokeWagon .357 5.5" - Uberti / Taylors & Co. RanchHand .22LR 5.5"

GFK
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by GFK » Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:38 pm

ozark75 wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:34 pm
The first call I made they sent me a new inner mag tube to replace myself. Didnt solve the problem.

Called a second time, they requested I send it in. They replaced the inner mag tube (I had already done this per the first warranty call). Didnt solve the problem.

Called a third time, they requested I send it in. They replaced the bolt and carrier. Didnt solve the problem.

I only sent it to Henry two times (they sent me the inner mag tube the first time), but I made three total attempts with Henry to fix my gun.

Quite disappointed. I am interested to see what he has to say also. Quite frankly, I didnt ask him for a replacement, a refund or even additional repair work (it doesnt appear they know how to fix it and I am tired of dealing with it). I only asked for a return shipping label so I can return it to them to throw in the garbage. I dont want to throw it in my garbage at the curb (not a good idea), but I am pretty much done. Im just going to cut my losses and move on.
I imagine that it is very upsetting. Especially when, one expects an exceptional product. I can understand. But, things are made by people, who are not flawless. I am not trying to minimize your situation. And, I think you have made great efforts to resolve the issue. Regardless of the outcome, keep positive and happy shooting.
0 x
Actions speak louder than words (Matthew 7:16-20).

Mistered
Drover
United States of America

Post by Mistered » Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:02 pm

This is very unfortunate and I sincerely hope you get resolution on this - in one way or another.
The problem I see is three attempts at replacing parts but with two returns to the factory and two attempts at replacing parts (with the inner mag tube a repeat) and then the bolt and carrier - yet with no diagnostics describing what they found - other than just throwing parts at it.
I suspect the people in the repair area are probably glorified 'parts changers' as opposed to qualified individuals who can actually inspect and diagnose a problem and resolve it.

Lets hope at a minimum they give you a refund which you should request at this point.
0 x