Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Henry customer service - Above and Beyond

here is a place to discuss anything related to Henry
ozarkhunter
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Henry customer service - Above and Beyond

Post by ozarkhunter » Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:00 am

I bought my first Henry, a BBS carbine in .44 magnum, in early December. A few weeks ago I bought a sling to put on the rifle. When I went to insert the pin of the sling through the lower sling stud, I found that the hole in the stud was a hair undersized. I tried a bit of lube to get the sling pin to go through and got it stuck. I managed to back it out and was a bit frustrated. I emailed customer service on a Monday morning. The next Monday morning I emailed a different person in customer service (from the list of emails on this forum). FINALLY, on Thursday of the second week, I got an email from the 1st person I emailed checking to see if someone had contacted me about the issue. I politely responded that I had not heard from anyone. I shared that I loved the rifle, but was a bit frustrated with the customer service. She responded with an apologetic email and offered to send a replacement stud out. I told her that I had since used a small diamond file and opened up the hole enough to fit the sling pin through. She then responded that she would be sending out a "Comp Package". She explained that they are training some new employees, who she had forwarded my email to. She admitted that the ball had been dropped on my initial contact.

Yesterday I came home to 2 packages. One packaged contained one of the orange, Henry Pride rifle cases. The other package contained a Henry logo ball cap, a nice oversized Henry coffee mug and a laser engraved wooden Henry logo keychain fob. None of this was necessary, or expected. My first experience with Henry customer service is that they do go above and beyond to make a customer happy. I also found it interesting that both the cap and the rifle case (made by Allen) bore tags showing they were made in America. The cup and key fob had no markings identifying country of origin. Always a nice plus in my book to see American people/companies supporting American trade.
3 x

DRFROG
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Re: Henry customer service - Above and Beyond

Post by DRFROG » Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:29 am

Henry customer service is something to worry about.

Having sent my gun back for a problem with the injection port, I was informed that it could take up to a month to be repaired. Then I will have to wait for a week for it to be returned to me.

After hearing such glowing reports of a quick turnaround, I am at a loss. Had I know how long it was going to take, I wouldn't have sent it back. I could have had it fixed here. It would have cost me several dollars but I would have my gun.

It has been two weeks since it was received by Henry, three weeks since I sent it and still I don't have my gun, nor do I know when I will get it back. I was just curious if anybody else had such a problem?

They just called back and told me I should have it Monday, will keep you posted [/size]
Last edited by DRFROG on Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:18 pm, edited 3 times in total.
1 x
The Damn Yankee Rifle You Can Load On Sunday And Shoot All Week

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:12 pm

I'd call them and request to speak to someone who could explain what is going on
1 x

ESquared
Deputy Administrator
United States of America

Post by ESquared » Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:10 pm

You situation doesn't sound at all like anything I or anyone here that i know have experienced. It's usually very timely and efficient. I agree with JEB (above), I'd call HRA Customer Service and see what they can tell you. Squeaky wheel!
0 x
BB Steel .357 | SGC 22LR | LR .308 | CCH 30-30 | BB Brass .45 Colt (Carbine) | Single Shot 20 gauge | Single Shot .223 | Single Shot 357

Les
Cowboy
South Africa

Post by Les » Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:38 pm

Was it the dealer who told you how long it would take, or HRA? If it was the dealer, I would email Antony Imperato directly ..... I'm sure he will help you very quickly. ;)
0 x

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Thu Feb 28, 2019 2:41 pm

DRFROG wrote:They just called back and told me I should have it Monday, will keep you posted [/size]

that sounds more like it .. ;)
1 x

ESquared
Deputy Administrator
United States of America

Post by ESquared » Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:16 pm

Right on! They must have heard you . . .
1 x
BB Steel .357 | SGC 22LR | LR .308 | CCH 30-30 | BB Brass .45 Colt (Carbine) | Single Shot 20 gauge | Single Shot .223 | Single Shot 357

DRFROG
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Post by DRFROG » Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:46 pm

I am happy with the service I received this afternoon. I received two emails in a short period of time. I hate to be the way that I may have seemed but when I told them what was told to me, they wanted to know who it was. I didn't remember but it doesn't matter, I got the correct info for my gun and it is coming home.
5 x
The Damn Yankee Rifle You Can Load On Sunday And Shoot All Week