Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

New BBS 44mag barrel issue

here is a place to discuss anything related to Henry
Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Re: New BBS 44mag barrel issue

Post by Mags » Sat Mar 09, 2019 11:51 am

I shot stuff between 25 and about 130 yds without missing. At the further distance groups inside 4 inches.
Redthies wrote:...Mags, that Vortex is great for .30-30, but the 100 yard parallax might be too far for .44 mag? I found Nikon’s Rimfire scopes work well withhandgun caliber because of their 75 yard parallax.
0 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234

445sm
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Post by 445sm » Sat Mar 09, 2019 12:03 pm

Waiting on my third new barrel from Henry the first one look like it was rough sanded the second barrel from Henry had chatter marks in it and hopefully the third one will be smooth and shiny and clean their customer service is beyond outstanding If you have any issues email Mr. Anthony he will take care of it
1 x
Cancer sucks.

fortyshooter
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by fortyshooter » Sat Mar 09, 2019 2:02 pm

445sm wrote:Waiting on my third new barrel from Henry the first one look like it was rough sanded the second barrel from Henry had chatter marks in it and hopefully the third one will be smooth and shiny and clean their customer service is beyond outstanding If you have any issues email Mr. Anthony he will take care of it
They don't inspect the new barrel before they ship it out??
0 x

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Sat Mar 09, 2019 4:01 pm

With maybe a quality sampling plan of 1 in 10, if that, I could see how a new rifle with part defect(s) could slip through to a customer. That should not be happening with warranty parts replacement.
fortyshooter wrote:They don't inspect the new barrel before they ship it out??
445sm wrote:Waiting on my third new barrel from Henry the first one look like it was rough sanded the second barrel from Henry had chatter marks in it and hopefully the third one will be smooth and shiny and clean their customer service is beyond outstanding If you have any issues email Mr. Anthony he will take care of it
1 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234

445sm
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Post by 445sm » Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:41 pm

got my 3rd new barrel today .300th of the bottom 2 lands was missing at the crown
the repair people need better lighting and or glasses good luck with your gun
1 x
Cancer sucks.

Swigs
Wrangler
United States of America

Post by Swigs » Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:55 pm

Somebody needs fired !
2 x

445sm
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Post by 445sm » Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:58 pm

Sending the Henry back tomorrow will report back when the new BBB gets here
There bilding me a new gun there customer service is great
1 x
Cancer sucks.

Junior37
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Post by Junior37 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:05 pm

I received the rifle back this past wed rebarreled. It is in better shape than the original but still has tooling marks inside. Shot it behind the house and was about 8" to the right at 50yrds. Took it to the range yesterday and was able to her dead center with 2-3in groups using the buckhorns.

At this point with it being accurate enough for me i am going to keep it as is and continue looking for a deal on a scope.
3 x

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:16 pm

good to hear you got it back quickly and shoots well.
Junior37 wrote:I received the rifle back this past wed rebarreled. It is in better shape than the original but still has tooling marks inside. Shot it behind the house and was about 8" to the right at 50yrds. Took it to the range yesterday and was able to her dead center with 2-3in groups using the buckhorns.

At this point with it being accurate enough for me i am going to keep it as is and continue looking for a deal on a scope.
0 x

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:12 pm

JEBar wrote:first welcome to our forum, happy to have you join us .... sorry to hear of the barrel issue and can only echo the positive comments about Henry's support after the sale .... looking forward to following your resolution and future post .... please take a look at our How Many ? thread (link below) and had your Henry rifles to our community's total

http://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic.p ... 729#p85729

thanks for the followup .... glad to hear your 44 is now on target .... please be sure to visit the link above and add both of your Henry rifles to our community's total
0 x