Words fell on deaf ears
0 x
Cancer sucks.

Swigs
Wrangler
United States of America

Re: New BBS 44mag barrel issue

Post by Swigs » Sun Mar 31, 2019 12:23 pm

Sorry to hear that. Four times and your out I dont blame you for being frustrated .
0 x

servant824
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Post by servant824 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:16 pm

I had the same issue as Junior37 with a Big Boy Steel I bought this winter. The barrel had tooling marks that were awful. One area actually looked pitted. At first I thought it was either packing grease or perhaps fouling from test firing. I disassembled the rifle, and put it into my cleaning cradle and ran about 70 patches through it. I used different cleaners and even a patch with JB bore cleaner. I was very unhappy. Called Henry and sent the rifle and basically requested they rebarrel it. They did rebarrel it. Night and day difference. Looks okay.I can still see a faint tool mark about halfway dow the barrel when using a bore light. The other barrel was so bad looking without a bore light I cant believe it ever got put on a gun. It seems to shoot okay too.
I previously owned a Big Boy brass that I sold. That gun was flawless. The trigger and action were also better.
For the Junior 37 Send it back. These guns are about 700 bucks. its unacceptable. Im actually hesitant now of buying anything that is built at the Wisconsin plant. I actually considered sending this one back when I saw the faint tool mark. But its very small and faint. A barrel as bad as the first BBS i had should never make it out of the factory. Who is minding the store where these guns are assembled?
PS The store I bought it from was no help at all.
0 x

Redthies
Cowboy
Canada

Post by Redthies » Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:17 am

I hate to see people have a hard time with anything they buy, and it really sucks that even after 4 attempts at making you happy 445sm, they still didn’t get it right. I’m not sure about the recent quality of other brands, but I’ve been playing with my 2009 JM Marlin lately, and as much as people rave about them, I find the action on the Henry is so damn nice compared to that Marlin, it would take me a lot of barrels before I bought another Marlin. I’d make sure Anthony made me happy while being tortured with all the barrel swaps though...
1 x
SGC .22 LR Stripped and oiled up
BBSC .357 w Skinner Express & Patridge
BBSC .44 Magnum with Skinners
Marlin 1895GS .45-70 w RPP Cloverleaf
Marlin 336BL .30-30 w Skinner LoPro 2 and Sig 2-7x
1912 Winchester 1894 .30 WCF