Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Bowed Hammer Extender

here is a place to discuss anything related to Henry
JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Re: Bowed Hammer Extender

Post by JEBar » Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:47 pm

certainly could be .... I haven't had a good look at the one they make for Henry
0 x

markiver54
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by markiver54 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:53 pm

The one I posted was specifically for the H0012. Fits perfectly.
0 x
I'm your Huckleberry

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:21 pm

Yes, I think that the GrovTec you posted is also better made, machined steel with black oxide coating.
While Carson's appear to be Aluminum with hard anodized surface. I could see the single wall Carson version bending with use.
The Carlson generic one JEbar shared at Brownells is dual wall and don't think it would bend.

Both Grovtec and Carson have Lifetime warranty.
markiver54 wrote:The one I posted was specifically for the H0012. Fits perfectly.
0 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234

ESquared
Deputy Administrator
United States of America

Post by ESquared » Sat Jan 05, 2019 8:15 am

Soon after I posted this here, I sent a note and photo to Henry as well. I'm imagining they're pretty much in the weeds from post-Holiday "feedback," but I'm sure I'll hear something next week.
I'd prefer single-sided, not ambi, and made in USA is great, too.
If Henry offers a refund, I'll take it and find something from the recommendations above.
Thanks for the assist, men!
0 x
BB Steel .357 | SGC 22LR | LR .308 | CCH 30-30 | BB Brass .45 Colt (Carbine) | Single Shot 20 gauge | Single Shot .223 | Single Shot 357

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Sat Jan 05, 2019 8:36 am

I ordered our hammer extenders from the same mom and pop gun shop where we bought our Henry rifles .... I seem to recall him saying that when cocked the Henry hammers don't have much of a gap down to the top of the stock .... it might be good consider that when ordering an extender
0 x

ESquared
Deputy Administrator
United States of America

Post by ESquared » Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:46 am

Update time. I wasn't getting any response from HenryPride ("Allison"), so I reached out to Dee, who has been fantastic at follow up and resolution (not that I've had that many). She forwarded my email, it got forwarded to another person, who then forwarded it to - you guessed it - ALLISON, who sent me the nice response this morning:

"Good morning Evan,

Sorry for the delay in the response and that your issue wasn’t resolved right away. Due to high email volume it’s possible your message fell thru somewhere along the way. I have a two new hammer extenders going overnight to you for delivery tomorrow. The new batch we just received on 1/3 are made of steel instead of an aluminum alloy, which should help with the issue you were experiencing above. Please let me know if I can assist with anything else and Happy New Year!"

So: 1) it's busy there, as could be expected; 2) it pays to follow up on your situation, as they're only human and sometimes we slip between the cracks; 3) it seems there's been a running change to from aluminum to steel (seems like a no-brainer, and makes you wonder how it got spec'd otherwise); most impressively, 4) Henry goes above and beyond by not just replacing the extender that has failed, but they're overnighting me TWO new ones, as that's how many I ordered in the first place (the other just hasn't been used enough yet to fail, I guess).

In the meantime, I've ordered a GroveTec, so now I'll be awash in hammer extenders!

Gotta give HRA credit, though, they do what it takes to keep us happy.
1 x
BB Steel .357 | SGC 22LR | LR .308 | CCH 30-30 | BB Brass .45 Colt (Carbine) | Single Shot 20 gauge | Single Shot .223 | Single Shot 357

markiver54
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by markiver54 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:02 am

Glad you got things resolved Evan. I do like my Grovetech, however, if you ever want to set it up for ambidextrous use will always have the newer probably stronger ones to use...win win situation. No reason to ever go off half cocked now!! :lol: :D
1 x
I'm your Huckleberry

BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Post by BigAl52 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:13 pm

I ordered one of the grovetec extenders also. I have a Henry one that has done the same thing Im going to email them as well to see if they will send another one. Evan whats her email address?
0 x
Don't worry about getting older and still doing stupid stuff. You'll do the stupid stuff as always, only much slower. Hold my beer and watch this.......

H001T .22LR
H001T .22LR MONUMENT VALLEY
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55

Yornoc3
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by Yornoc3 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:01 pm

Before I had ordered my Carlson's Hammer exstenders from Henry, I saw a post that Carlson's was now making an extender specifically for Henry rifles. When Henry pride showed the same product, I ordered it from them. I like the design of Carlson's version, and, so far, mine haven't bent, but the rifles haven't been shot all that much, either. For sure, I'll be specifying the new steel model next time. It's good to hear Henry will replace 'em if they fail, too.
Thanks to ESquared for getting right on it. And that extra extender needs a rifle to fit it. ;) (I've justified getting one for less than that :) )
2 x

ESquared
Deputy Administrator
United States of America

Post by ESquared » Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:01 pm

BigAl52 wrote:I ordered one of the grovetec extenders also. I have a Henry one that has done the same thing Im going to email them as well to see if they will send another one. Evan whats her email address?
Start with Dennette Stellrecht. dee@henryusa.com

You may get bounced around the system there, but you won't know it. Dee's awesome to deal with.
1 x