Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

The #1 Thing You Like About Your Henry Over Other Rifles You Have Owned.

here is a place to discuss anything related to Henry
csgrv
Wrangler
United States of America

Re: The #1 Thing You Like About Your Henry Over Other Rifles You Have Owned.

Post by csgrv » Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:27 am

Not sure why the problems but if I am reading Henry's commitment correctly I think they will get the issues worked out.
0 x
Long Ranger .308
H001Y .22lr
H003T .22lr
Whitworth .270
1991A1 .45
J-Frame .38
S&W .32 Hand Ejector

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:25 pm

They definitely do eventually, but shouldn't have to if it had been built right to begin with and fully checked out before shipping it.
csgrv wrote:Not sure why the problems but if I am reading Henry's commitment correctly I think they will get the issues worked out.
0 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234

Yornoc3
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by Yornoc3 » Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:36 pm

Mags, I had that lever popping issue with the "new old stock" 30-30 I bought a couple of years ago, along with the peep sight lacking sufficient adjustment to get on target. A phone call to Henry resulted in a new lever and a handful of rear peep sights (enough parts to make sure I could get it right) arriving in a couple of days (it's not far from here to Rice Lake ;) ), so I fixed it myself. I have felt a need to tinker a bit with a lot of things I get, I suppose I expect to, but I'm the kind of guy who repaints brand new duck decoys to "get 'em right" :) .
0 x

Cattle Driver
Australia

Post by 220 » Wed Apr 24, 2019 4:12 pm

For me it was the chambering, other positives are the lack of a cross bolt safety and side eject.
The lack of a loading gate is a real negative for me.
0 x

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:27 am

I've been wondering if I contacted HenryCS if they would send me the anti-popping lever. I feel better about asking after reading they did that for you. Thanks for sharing that.
Yornoc3 wrote:Mags, I had that lever popping issue with the "new old stock" 30-30 I bought a couple of years ago, ... A phone call to Henry resulted in a new lever and ... , so I fixed it myself...
0 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234

octogon3030
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Post by octogon3030 » Sat Apr 27, 2019 3:43 pm

The gorgeous fit and finish, and solid action.
0 x
Freedom is never free, Remember your Service Members and Veterans.

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Sat Apr 27, 2019 8:14 pm

Well, the response I got, they won't send me a no popping lever. However, the person I asked didn't seem to know much of the issue; more or less said something else was likely going on. Anyway, I replied with more history on the issue and we'll see what I response I get from that, maybe on Monday.
Mags wrote:.
I've been wondering if I contacted HenryCS if they would send me the anti-popping lever. I feel better about asking after reading they did that for you. Thanks for sharing that.
Yornoc3 wrote:Mags, I had that lever popping issue with the "new old stock" 30-30 I bought a couple of years ago, ... A phone call to Henry resulted in a new lever and ... , so I fixed it myself...
0 x

Yornoc3
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by Yornoc3 » Sun Apr 28, 2019 10:48 am

That's odd. I talked directly with someone at the Rice Lake plant, though; I think that made a difference. I have a Bayonne made 30-30 that needed the part, for sure it was early production. And there's a noticeable difference in the configuration of the end of the lever. Maybe they need a picture.
0 x

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Sun Apr 28, 2019 12:17 pm

I think the person I emailed is in Bayonne. My .30-30 was also made there. Do you have pictures showing the difference?
Yornoc3 wrote:That's odd. I talked directly with someone at the Rice Lake plant, though; I think that made a difference. I have a Bayonne made 30-30 that needed the part, for sure it was early production. And there's a noticeable difference in the configuration of the end of the lever. Maybe they need a picture.
0 x

Yornoc3
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by Yornoc3 » Sun Apr 28, 2019 3:50 pm

No, I didn't take any before I replaced it, but I think you could find some with a search. I remember finding a thread on lever popping, there was a DIY discussion before Henry corrected the engagement of the lever, and replaced the poppers . I bought that new old stock rifle at a Cabelas about a year and a half ago, but the thread was quite a bit older. There is definitely a difference in the internal end of the lever; it cured mine. I was E-mailing and/or phoning with someone at Rice Lake, but didn't save anything on it.

Edit: I found my post on the subject on this site, January 11, 2018, but I didn't say who I talked to at Rice Lake :oops: .
0 x