Anthony Imperato -- response to cracked stock issue

here is a place to discuss anything related to Henry
JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Re: Anthony Imperato -- response to cracked stock issue

Post by JEBar » Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:50 am

Mistered wrote:
I appreciate him taking time to reply on the forum....
Actually he responded to a forum members' email to him - and that member shared his response on the forum
I doubt A. Imperato would ever post anything on this forum, for business reasons.
he did acknowledge the forum and stated :
I will bring this to the attention of Andy Wickstrom our VP/GM and Dan who is the Director of Corporate Communications. Dan will address the forum as well.

Dan is a long time member of this form .... on a personal level, he has been a very good fellow to work with
2 x

PT7
Drover
United States of America

Post by PT7 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:54 am

The LGS/FFL where I've received most of my Henry rifles keeps the boxes the rifles were shipped in, if the customers wants it. The "white stock box" is not what it is shipped in; sturdier brown cardboard shipping boxes are used. If I needed to ship a rifle back to Henry, I used that heavier box again. Still have the brown box I got my SGC in a couple of years ago.

One thing I've noticed is that sometimes the heavier shipping box has been damaged, especially at the corners. So much so that the lighter Henry box is also damaged. Didn't happen all the time, but it happened. Such is the shipping way of it.

PT7
Mistered wrote:
One thing that I have noticed is how poorly Henry boxes their rifles.
Noticed the same thing.
I am HOPING the basic, white 'stock box' is NOT the one its shipped in - and I am sure it's not as there are no shipping labels on mine. Undoubtedly they are encased in heavier shipping boxes.
1 x

~Пока~

PT7
Drover
United States of America

Post by PT7 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:14 am

What Marine stated here was part of my reason for writing to Anthony Imperato. If he was unaware of the stock cracking problem (which I doubted), I wanted to share that. I presented it as a concern of several Henry Forum Folk, including myself, because I very much appreciate the Henry wood. Love what beautiful results they get out of the MO walnut trees!! Then I was interested in what he was doing, or would do, about this issue. For me, he well-answered.

Over the years, I've had quite a few email exchanges with him, as I have had problems with several centerfire Henrys. Some of those emails were lengthy, and he always responded and directly addressed my concern....I never felt he was "passing the buck." I don't think he can easily do that. Like Truman, his desktop is where all ends up. With his guarantee on behalf of HRA, and effort/promise to provide "customer satisfaction," I think he is making a tremendous effort in a challenging world of demand for product excellence. I bet I wouldn't sleep so well if I had his desktop.... ;)

PT7
BrokenolMarine wrote:I read the response, and i didn't see someone passing the buck, i saw someone offering a valid explanation for a problem and what he plans to do to reduce the issue in the future.....
1 x

~Пока~

GFK
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by GFK » Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:05 am

My thoughts: If packing is the issue, I suspect it could be address in a very appropriate way. Bubble wrap comes to mind. As far as cost, it may cost more in time and material. I don't know if it will have a negative impact on the product. My point, I believe there is a adequate solution to address packing concerns. If in fact, that is the root cause of the issue. If not, it probably would not hurt. In any case, I am not knocking or bad mouthing Henry. I like the product I have. May buy another one. Just my 2 cent.
1 x
Actions speak louder than words (Matthew 7:16-20).

markiver54
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by markiver54 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:18 am

I wonder if other manufacturers have had similar issues. Would require a time consuming search on other forums. At least we have Anthony and the rest of the excellent customer service team at Henry USA behind us. I feel comfortable, given patience, that all issues and concerns will be resolved.
1 x
I'm your Huckleberry

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by Sir Henry » Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:48 am

markiver54 wrote:I wonder if other manufacturers have had similar issues. Would require a time consuming search on other forums. At least we have Anthony and the rest of the excellent customer service team at Henry USA behind us. I feel comfortable, given patience, that all issues and concerns will be resolved.

When I had my C&R I bought firearms online and had them sent directly to my address. I would say one rifle in ten had to go back. But these were all milsurps and no custom boxes were make for them. Often they were just double boxed with lots of paper. Bubble wrap is expensive and usually not used or used very sparingly.

The one thing that bothers me about Henry saying it was the shipper is that it seems it is only happening on certain models.
0 x
Hi, my name is Gene and I'm a Henryholic from Wisconsin.

Range Reporter: Henry Repeater

Swigs
Wrangler
United States of America

Post by Swigs » Fri Nov 30, 2018 1:38 pm

There was a lgs who had about 20 Marlin 1894's on line stateing new old stock had to be sent back for stock replacement due to cracks. I bought one after replacement. So I guess it happens.
0 x