Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Anthony Imperato -- response to cracked stock issue

here is a place to discuss anything related to Henry
markiver54
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Re: Anthony Imperato -- response to cracked stock issue

Post by markiver54 » Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:59 pm

North Country Gal wrote:Sorry, can't say much for a response that passes the buck, like that. If I had a stock on a pistol caliber rifle that cracked while firing the gun, as one owner reported, I would find it insulting. A better response would have been a thank-you for binging it to our attention, we'll look into it, and so on. Leave the shippers out of it.
Could not agree with you more. A little surprised by passing the buck...per say. Guess we'll see. Focus on the core from manufacturing to distribution. Please maintain the great Henry reputation and follow the chain.
0 x
I'm your Huckleberry

GFK
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by GFK » Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:03 pm

Thanks for you efforts PT7. It is up to Henry now. I do have to agree with North County Gal. In the words of the 33rd President: "The buck stops here."
1 x
Actions speak louder than words (Matthew 7:16-20).

Lyman
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by Lyman » Fri Nov 30, 2018 12:26 am

One thing that I have noticed is how poorly Henry boxes their rifles. I know first hand how the shippers handle packages and I for one would step it up a few notches in the boxing of these fine guns. I am surprised we don't see more damage due to shipping.
Thanks PT7 for making sure that they are fully aware of the problem.
0 x
NRA & 2nd Amendment Supporter. Lyman is my middle name.

BrokenolMarine
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by BrokenolMarine » Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:46 am

I read the response, and i didn't see someone passing the buck, i saw someone offering a valid explanation for a problem and what he plans to do to reduce the issue in the future. We normally have good service from UPS, however that quality has definitely dropped lately. Don't get me started on fedex. I appreciate him taking time to reply on the forum...

The only other time i have seen this is Rob Lee of Lee Valley.
They sell woodworking tools and he often drops in on our woodworking forum to answer questions about his tools, comment on a thread, etc.
2 x
You can tell a lot about the character of a man...
by the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.

Mistered
Drover
United States of America

Post by Mistered » Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:47 am

One thing that I have noticed is how poorly Henry boxes their rifles.
Noticed the same thing.
I am HOPING the basic, white 'stock box' is NOT the one its shipped in - and I am sure it's not as there are no shipping labels on mine. Undoubtedly they are encased in heavier shipping boxes.
1 x

Mistered
Drover
United States of America

Post by Mistered » Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:00 am

So the fact that is where the damage happens does not surprise me.
I agree - shipping and receiving at work is occasionally coming to my office and asking if I can come and take a pic of a damaged shipment and email it to her so she can get with the shipper.
1 x

ESquared
Deputy Administrator
United States of America

Post by ESquared » Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:10 am

Seems like it happens every year at the Holidays, but there's a piece running on NBC national news showing a USPS delivery person throwing a package across the front lawn TWICE, all captured on home security camera. First throw didn't go far enough, so she retrieves it and tosses it again. Not the first one to make the news.

I don't think Imperato is passing the buck, either, but I also agree that a cardboard box and some butcher paper is no way to ship an expensive long-gun.

Bottom line, there is a list of reasons this is happening, and Anthony fairly points out a couple of them (one of which he owns), while also making a valid point that it's not an inherent design/engineering issue.
3 x
BB Steel .357 | SGC 22LR | LR .308 | CCH 30-30 | BB Brass .45 Colt (Carbine) | Single Shot 20 gauge | Single Shot .223 | Single Shot 357

GFK
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by GFK » Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:13 am

BrokenolMarine wrote:I appreciate him taking time to reply on the forum...
I agree with this and failed to acknowledge it. What I mean by passing the buck: Most people do not want excuses. They want solutions. This is what I gathered from NCG statement, and I agree with it.
0 x
Actions speak louder than words (Matthew 7:16-20).

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:14 am

BrokenolMarine wrote:I read the response, and i didn't see someone passing the buck, i saw someone offering a valid explanation for a problem and what he plans to do to reduce the issue in the future. We normally have good service from UPS, however that quality has definitely dropped lately. Don't get me started on fedex. I appreciate him taking time to reply on the forum....

I agree .... his statement has to be based on having far more info that I do and I have no reason to doubt him .... in fact, based on history, I have every reason to believe him
0 x

Mistered
Drover
United States of America

Post by Mistered » Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:39 am

I appreciate him taking time to reply on the forum....
Actually he responded to a forum members' email to him - and that member shared his response on the forum
I doubt A. Imperato would ever post anything on this forum, for business reasons.
0 x