Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

shot the mag tube right out of the rifle!

here is a place to discuss anything related to Henry
mrguvna
Wrangler
United States of America

Re: shot the mag tube right out of the rifle!

Post by mrguvna » Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:30 am

mine came back right and have put a couple of hundred rounds downrange since it came back. The front hanger is completely redesigned. the sights were a bit off but I made the adjustments and it is back on track. I can't wait to start reloading for this one cuz the winnnie white box stuff is horrible, but cheap. I have plenty of brass and will be looking for projectiles soon, have plenty of 2400 on hand.
0 x

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:04 am

Jimi wrote:
JEBar wrote:I'm not to sure about the 45 magnum .. :?: .. if its a Henry its probably a 45 LC which stands for 45 Long Colt
I type too fast—.44 Mag, not 45.

10-4 .... our 44 Mag should arrive back at the factory tomorrow
0 x

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Thu Dec 20, 2018 12:10 pm

Hey Jimi, Welcome to the forum from the TV Oregon.
Jimi wrote:I have a Henry .45 magnum that is great, but the 45.70 needs a retrofit.
JEBar wrote: first and most importantly, welcome to our forum, delighted to have you join us .... having one on the way back to Henry as this is being typed, I speak from personal experience in saying that for such issues if you contact Henry they will make it right .... please feel free to read and post often .... I'm looking forward to your future reports .... please take a look at our How Many ? thread (link below) and add your Henry rifles to our community's total

http://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic.p ... 154#p78154
0 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234

Jimi
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Post by Jimi » Sat Dec 22, 2018 9:16 am

Mags wrote:.
Jimi wrote:I have a Henry .45 magnum that is great, but the 45.70 needs a retrofit.
JEBar wrote: first and most importantly, welcome to our forum, delighted to have you join us .... having one on the way back to Henry as this is being typed, I speak from personal experience in saying that for such issues if you contact Henry they will make it right .... please feel free to read and post often .... I'm looking forward to your future reports .... please take a look at our How Many ? thread (link below) and add your Henry rifles to our community's total

Thanks—-can’t say I’m enthused, as when I contacted customer service after the new tube they sent didn’t work, they stated they would send a shipping label for return. Never got that, but I took the rifle back and bought a BLR. Comparatively, much smoother action, beautiful furniture, and better feel. Wish I could get on board with the Henry enthusiasm, but can’t at this point.
0 x

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Sat Dec 22, 2018 1:04 pm

ah, bummer. wish it had gone differently for you.
0 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234

GFK
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by GFK » Tue Dec 25, 2018 9:48 am

The BLR does seem like a nice rifle. It might be nice to have one in .357. It seems to one that the bolt is not taking out regularly for cleaning though. At any rate, seems like a nice rifle.
0 x
Actions speak louder than words (Matthew 7:16-20).

Mistered
Drover
United States of America

Post by Mistered » Tue Dec 25, 2018 1:00 pm

Wish I could get on board with the Henry enthusiasm, but can’t at this point.
I think one could say this about any, relatively new manufacturer of a high profile product such as firearms.
Initially I was NOT impressed with Henry when I saw my first - a 1st gen .22.
I kind of forgot about Henry for a while then saw my first BBB .44 Mag in a pawn shop and looked it over and was VERY impressed. I Almost bought it but the caliber stopped me (no dies, components etc.) and not really wanting to get into a new caliber I decided I would consider one in .357 after years of dissatisfaction with a Winchester Trapper I already had for several years.
In early 2015 I 'stumbled' on a BBB in .357 at a local outdoor/hardware store and after about 45 minutes of looking at it bought it. As with the .44 I originally looked at I was highly impressed and considered it to be one of the best 'production' rifles (in it's price range) I had seen in a while. The fit and finish is excellent and the trigger exceptional for a stock rifle. I had a couple 'minor' issues with it I resolved myself but am still impressed with it overall.
I believe Henry is a solid company with great products and exceptional customer service but things I am reading from owners (not just on this forum) suggest Henry is suffering from 'growing pains' and hopefully it will eventually be resolved. While the customer service is being reported as exemplary for most of those who have needed it one person on another forum made a good point in that far more Henry rifles should operate correctly and with less issues than they seem to be. Some of the issues I have read about should have been caught at the LGS by the prospective owner and the rifle not purchased but sent back by the LGS.
Will I own another Henry? Hard to say and for one simple reason only - enough guns of other calibers exist where my choices are far from limited - Winchester 30-30s are probably the best example. I would have no need for a Henry in 30-30 as I own three Winchesters with nearly unlimited choices with the amount of 'used' oues out there.
My decision on the Henry BBB .357 was partly due to fewer choices for a .357 lever and/or price for some of them. Like i said however I was highly impressed with it and still am and shoot it often.
I think anyone interested in a Henry (or any firearm for that matter) simply needs to take the time to research their purchase, ensure it is what they really want and look it over CAREFULLY at the time of purchase.
3 x

mrguvna
Wrangler
United States of America

Post by mrguvna » Wed Dec 26, 2018 3:27 pm

Jimi wrote:
Mags wrote:.

Thanks—-can’t say I’m enthused, as when I contacted customer service after the new tube they sent didn’t work, they stated they would send a shipping label for return. Never got that, but I took the rifle back and bought a BLR. Comparatively, much smoother action, beautiful furniture, and better feel. Wish I could get on board with the Henry enthusiasm, but can’t at this point.
sorry Jimi that was not my experience. They sent me the label by e-mail I printed and put in a box shipped on their dime. Back in my hands within 7 days. new barrel and new mag tube, cleaned and polished and provided receiver sock and original box with serial number label in the return shipment. oh and a thank you note...........

my experience tells me they have excellent customer service and so far I really like the BBB!
1 x