Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Warranty Service

here is a place to discuss anything related to Henry
JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Re: Warranty Service

Post by JEBar » Fri Dec 21, 2018 5:00 pm

no further reports anticipated until after the factory reopens on Jan 2nd .... I do admit to being relieved that it will spend the time between now and then at the factory
1 x

JEBar
United States of America

Warranty Service

Post by JEBar » Mon Dec 31, 2018 11:19 am

JEBar wrote:12-18-18 .... I was told that they would replace both the inner and outer rods .... if I wanted to have a spare rod, I should keep the original .... he also said he'd send a new O-ring for the original rod
UPDATE :

as promised, 2 replacement O-rings for our OEM 44 mag inner magazine rod have arrived .... I plan to take one over to a local hardware store and see if I can find its exact size .... if that works, I may pull the ones off of our 357 and 45-70 .... it might be good to have a resource listing various sizes available for anyone needing a replacement or wanting a spare
1 x

GunnyGene
Drover
United States of America

Post by GunnyGene » Mon Dec 31, 2018 5:49 pm

I'm considering sending my BBSC back to Henry to do something about the occasional lever pop, and also fix the chamber. I took a good look at it a couple days ago, and it looks like it was improperly machined. Machining marks on parts of the chamber but not other areas, and the throat is a a tiny bit smaller than deeper in the chamber which is apparently the cause of the random extraction problem it has.

I've read every post in this thread and am not happy that apparently the original box is not returned upon completion of any work done. I suppose I could fab a box to send it in, but I shouldn't have to.
0 x
Bellum Omnium Contra Omnes is rapidly becoming a reality (11/2023). Para Bellum.

CT_Shooter
Administrator emeritus
United States of America

Post by CT_Shooter » Mon Dec 31, 2018 6:18 pm

GunnyGene wrote: ...apparently the original box is not returned upon completion of any work done.
That was not my experience. The original Henry Box was returned to me and the rifle was packaged just as it was when new, including a protective sock over the brass receiver. When you call Henry CS to get the return authorization, ask for confirmation.
0 x
H006M Big Boy Brass .357 - H001 Classic .22LR - Uberti / Taylors & Co. SmokeWagon .357 5.5" - Uberti / Taylors & Co. RanchHand .22LR 5.5"

GunnyGene
Drover
United States of America

Post by GunnyGene » Mon Dec 31, 2018 6:26 pm

CT_Shooter wrote:
GunnyGene wrote: ...apparently the original box is not returned upon completion of any work done.
That was not my experience. The original Henry Box was returned to me and the rifle was packaged just as it was when new, including a protective sock over the brass receiver. When you call Henry CS to get the return authorization, ask for confirmation.
I'll be sure to do that. Thanks. :)
0 x
Bellum Omnium Contra Omnes is rapidly becoming a reality (11/2023). Para Bellum.

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Wed Jan 02, 2019 8:47 pm

just checked the warranty service info for our 44 on the Henry Customer Portal .. ;) .. with the holidays this is the first day they could have worked on it .... as anticipated, no new info
0 x

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Fri Jan 04, 2019 3:43 pm

color me pleasantly surprised .. :mrgreen: .. after driving all day from home on the first leg of our winter trip to Texas I just checked the computer and there was an email from Henry Customer service dated this morning saying our 44 Mag would be delivered today to the gunsmith to whom we wanted it sent in Texas .. :shock: .. I called and confirmed, he has it .. :D .. the first day they could possibly have worked on it was day before yesterday (Wednesday) .... they must have repaired it and shipped it out on Tuesday .... I expect exceptional customer service from Henry .... this level of service leaves even "exceptional" in the rear view mirror .... about all I can say right now is I'm really looking forward to picking it up and finding a range next week .. 8-)
5 x

ESquared
Deputy Administrator
United States of America

Post by ESquared » Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:02 pm

Well, that IS a pleasant surprise, huh? Great way to start your winter journeys! Please let us know how it turned out and what they did to make it right.
0 x
BB Steel .357 | SGC 22LR | LR .308 | CCH 30-30 | BB Brass .45 Colt (Carbine) | Single Shot 20 gauge | Single Shot .223 | Single Shot 357

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:11 pm

no info was as to the nature of the repairs was entered on the warranty report on their website .... there should be a note in the box, doubt I'll see it until I pickup the rifle .... hopefully that will sometime mid to late this coming week .... my bet is it will say that they replaced the inner and outer magazine tubes
0 x

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:13 am

later today the storied odyssey of our Henry 44 Mag from central NC ==> Rice Lake, Wisconsin ==> Spring, TX should come to a happy ending .... our friend/gunsmith to whom we had it shipped following warranty repairs has invited us to his place for some Texas smoked ribs .. :D .. come to think about it, I didn't ask if the ribs were beef or pork and the fact is, I couldn't care less .. :lol: .. along with picking up our 44 we will drop off several rifles and shotguns with him for various mods .... when we return to this campground in a couple of months we will get together again and pick them up .... if things go as I hope, a trip to Blackwood Gun Club ===> http://www.blackwoodgunclub.com/rangesRifle_pistol.asp is on tap for tomorrow to remount the 44's Nikon and to send a bunch of rounds down range .. :mrgreen:
2 x