Post by JEBar » Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:26 am

opening post updated
1 x

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Re: Warranty Service

Post by JEBar » Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:24 pm

delighted to say SHE'S HOME .... she was sent to them with 2 issues .... one involved ejecting a fired round when there are no bullets in the tube and the outside screws in the receiver .... per the info given in the "Customer Service Resolution," they "Replaced extractor, ejector, and screws." .... I hope to get her out on a range tomorrow but forecasted rain may not allow doing so
2 x

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Sat Dec 01, 2018 1:04 pm

BOTTOM LINE RESULTS :

thankfully, the rain is coming but hasn't reached here yet .... this morning I took our 44 over to a family range at one of our son's home where we remounted the scope .... with the way it was removed and reinstalled, we anticipated the crosshairs would be pretty close and thankfully they were .... for right now in the first target shown below, disregard the bottom right area .... the 28 bullet holes shown on the rest of the target were created while sighing in at 25 yards, then moving to 50 yards, on back to 75 yards, and then finally at 100 yards .... at such times we aim at a designated spot on the target and then adjust as needed .... the second picture shows a target from back on August 24th showing 50 rounds fired at 50 yards .... the third shows the blacked out area seen in the first picture .... it is the results of firing 100 rounds at 100 yards ... conditions were as close to perfect as it can get around here .... no wind, sunny day, 65 degree temp .... the shots were fired while seated at a portable shooting bench and a Matrix rest under the forestock .... in addition to resighting the scope, we also wanted to test and see if the repairs made at Henry corrected the ejection problem .... happy to report, all's good, no ejection issues .... as before we loaded the magazine 10 times with 10 rounds .... all fired, all ejected ... there is no doubt in my mind the the rife firing our loads is capable of a much tighter 100 yard group .... hopefully one day I might be able to make it do so .... as a final comment, I don't do much offhand shooting anymore but I reserved 3 rounds to fire, offhand, at a torso metal silhouette at 135 yards on our way out of the range .... I have no idea where I hit but the I sure enjoyed hearing the ring all three times .. :D .. needless to say, we are very pleased with our rifle and with the work Henry's staff did to it
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
7 x

ESquared
Deputy Administrator
United States of America

Post by ESquared » Sat Dec 01, 2018 2:34 pm

Great report and great results all the way around, from Henry's service to re-zeroing the scope to putting her through the paces. Nice groups, too.

So glad to hear it all turned out as it did, and that it was all relatively uncomplicated and straightforward.

Thanks for sharing the journey!
1 x
BB Steel .357 | SGC 22LR | LR .308 | CCH 30-30 | BB Brass .45 Colt (Carbine) | Single Shot 20 gauge | Single Shot .223 | Single Shot 357

CT_Shooter
Administrator emeritus
United States of America

Post by CT_Shooter » Sat Dec 01, 2018 2:37 pm

JEBar wrote:BOTTOM LINE RESULTS :
... needless to say, we are very pleased with our rifle and with the work Henry's staff did to it
Thanks for sharing your play-by-play Henry CS experience with us, JEBar, ending it with a great range report. Excellent thread.
1 x
H006M Big Boy Brass .357 - H001 Classic .22LR - Uberti / Taylors & Co. SmokeWagon .357 5.5" - Uberti / Taylors & Co. RanchHand .22LR 5.5"

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Sat Dec 01, 2018 3:24 pm

kind words appreciated .... it has been a most interesting experience .... frankly, I hope I never have to send one back again but based on this experience, I won't hesitate doing so ....

On Edit : I had no idea that the rifle would have to go back so soon .. :? .. the new warranty repair will be covered starting on the next post
0 x

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Tue Dec 18, 2018 5:39 pm

well, here we go again ....

12-17-18 .... while at a local range the outer magazine tube on our Henry 44 Mag split .... called Henry .... the area that handles warranty repairs was closed for the day, I was promised that first thing this morning I'd receive a return authorization and return shipping label ....

12-18-18 .... true to their word, authorization and return label received this morning .... scope removed and per instructions from Henry, inner magazine rod removed as well .... I was told that they would replace both the inner and outer rods .... if I wanted to have a spare rod, I should keep the original .... he also said he'd send a new O-ring for the original rod .... rifle delivered to our local UPS store .... as was the case with shipping the first time, no issues whatsoever .... no questions asked .... Henry has already setup a Customer Portal to keep track of this warranty repair .... the fact that the rifle is on its way to them is noted
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
1 x

GFK
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by GFK » Tue Dec 18, 2018 5:55 pm

Seems like a good deal.
0 x
Actions speak louder than words (Matthew 7:16-20).

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Wed Dec 19, 2018 5:20 pm

I will update this post as often as anything new becomes available :

Dec 17, 2018 --- outer magazine tube failed --- Henry called

Dec 18, 2018 --- return label received --- 44 boxed up and taken to local UPS box store ---- Estimated delivery: Friday, December 21, 2018

Dec 18, 2018 --- Raleigh, NC ---- 10:44 PM Departure scan

Dec 19, 2018 --- Greensboro, NC --- 8:32 AM Departure scan

Dec 19, 2018 --- Indianapolis, IN --- 9:54 PM Departure scan

Dec 20, 2018 --- Hodgkins, IL --- 5:40 AM Departure scan

Dec 20, 2018 --- Oak Creek, WI --- 7:28 PM Departure scan

Dec 21, 2018 --- Altoona, WI --- 1:10 AM Departure scan

Dec 21, 2018 --- Rice Lake, WI --- 3:29 AM Destination scan

Dec 21, 2018 --- Henry Arms @ Rice Lake, WI --- 10:33 AM Delivered
1 x

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Fri Dec 21, 2018 10:37 am

OK .... in my world the norm is for our absolute and final plans to change at a moment's notice .. :roll: .. as noted in the amended post above detailing sending our 44 back for service, it arrived in Rice Lake early this morning ... should be delivered to Henry today .... after reading a report in another thread that the factory will be closed over the holidays, I called and the lady I spoke with confirmed that after they close today, they will not reopen until Jan 2nd .... with us due to leave for Texas on the 4th, that creates an issue .... bottom line, they have committed to shipping it to a gunsmith near Houston and we will pick it up from him .... as usual, the lady I spoke with was extremely helpful, this looks like that's about the best we can do
1 x