Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Warranty Service

here is a place to discuss anything related to Henry
JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Warranty Service

Post by JEBar » Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:46 pm

as noted in the thread at this link ===> [b][color=#FF0000]http://henryrifleforu ... color][/b] <=== the ejector spring in our Henry BBS 44 Mag broke and had to be replaced .... a call to Henry quickly had a replacement spring on the way .... after it arrived and was installed, a trip to a family range revealed a new issue .... the magazine was loaded 10 times with 10 rounds .... each time the first 9 rounds fired and ejected properly .. 8-) .. unfortunately, each time the 10th round fired but didn't eject .. :? .. working the lever pulled the round out of the chamber and pivoted the open part of the case out of the ejection port .... a subsequent call to Henry on 11-9-18 resulted in them saying our 44 needed to be returned for warranty service .. :( .. for any folks who might be curious about Henry's customer service, I thought it might be interesting to, as best as is possible, monitor the shipping, repair, and return process .... I will update this post as often as anything new becomes available :

Nov 9, 2018 --- call to Henry --- return label generated, emailed to us, email was received

Nov 12, 2018 --- 44 boxed up and taken to UPS box store --- 6:12 PM Raleigh, NC, United States Origin scan --- Estimated delivery: Thursday, November 15, 2018

Nov 12, 2018 ---- 11:48 PM ---- arrived in Greensboro, NC

Nov 13, 2018 ---- 6:19 PM ---- departed from Indianapolis, IN

Nov 14, 2018 ---- 5:21 AM ---- departed Addison, IL

Nov 14, 2018 ---- 5:54 AM ---- arrived Hodgkins, IL

Nov 14, 2018 ---- 7:52 AM ---- departed Hodgkins, IL

Nov 14, 2018 ---- 10:17 AM ---- arrived Oak Creek, WI

Nov 15, 2018 ---- DELIVERED 9:40 AM ---- Rice Lake, WI ---- nothing new noted on Customer Portal warranty service form

Nov 20, 2018 .... still nothing new noted on Customer Portal warranty service form

Nov 28, 2018 --- 12:16 AM ---- arrived Stevens Point, WI

Nov 28, 2018 ---- 1:08 AM ---- departed Stevens Point, WI

Nov 28, 2018 ---- 7:44 AM ---- arrived Hodgkins, IL

Nov 28, 2018 ---- 3:44 PM ---- departed Hodgkins, IL

Nov 29, 2018 ---- 8:38 AM ---- arrived Raleigh, NC

Nov 30, 2018 ---- 8:50 AM ---- OUT FOR DELIVERY Raleigh, NC ---- :D :D :D :D :D

Nov 30, 2018 ---- 4:30 PM .... SHE'S HOME --- :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Nov 30, 2018 ---- 6:04 PM ..... the following email was received ====> "Thank you for your time and patience. We have completed the Henry Warranty Service process. Your package has been delivered to your address. Please let us know if there are any issues. Otherwise, we appreciate your continued support and hope you enjoy your firearm from here on out."

Dec 1, 2018 .... 10AM .... test fired .... report with pictures on page 6 of this thread
1 x

BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Re: Warranty Service

Post by BigAl52 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:10 pm

Just curious Jim did the folks at the UPS store give you any cant ship a firearm static
0 x
Don't worry about getting older and still doing stupid stuff. You'll do the stupid stuff as always, only much slower. Hold my beer and watch this.......

H001T .22LR
H001T .22LR MONUMENT VALLEY
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:53 pm

negative .... I put the 44 in the Henry box that our 45-70 came in .... I put a note on and another in the box listing the warranty return number ... in the info sent by Henry they advised that if we used one of their boxes we should cover up the logo and anything that might indicate the box contained a firearm .... so, we wrapped the box in brown wrapping paper, taped on the shipping label .... the fellow I handed it to at the local UPS store scanned the label, handed me a receipt with tracking number and that was it .... not one word said
0 x

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:58 am

Our UPS store always ask what's in the package.
JEBar wrote:negative .... I put the 44 in the Henry box that our 45-70 came in .... I put a note on and another in the box listing the warranty return number ... in the info sent by Henry they advised that if we used one of their boxes we should cover up the logo and anything that might indicate the box contained a firearm .... so, we wrapped the box in brown wrapping paper, taped on the shipping label .... the fellow I handed it to at the local UPS store scanned the label, handed me a receipt with tracking number and that was it .... not one word said
0 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:32 am

as noted, ours didn't .... before issuing a return shipping label, I feel certain that Henry has crossed all of their t's and dotted all of their i's
0 x

ESquared
Deputy Administrator
United States of America

Post by ESquared » Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:06 am

Whenever I show up at my local UPS store with a preprinted, prepaid return label to anywhere, they never ask anything other than "Want a receipt?". Such was the dialogue when I returned my Long Ranger for service. I had an outer box that accommodated the Henry factory box the rifle came in, so no brown paper wrapper, BUT, it was interesting that I didn't get the original factory box back when they returned the repaired rifle. Seemed odd, but I'm picturing that keeping the rifle and its box together as it makes its way through their repair process would be a pain.
So, just FYI, your box may be bye-bye.
My turn time was only 3-4 days once they got it in their hands, so I'd think you'd have yours back by the week after Thanksgiving (that'll mess with things a bit).
The great thing, too, about the Henry repair process is that you can log in with your RMA number and see in real time where your rifle is in the stream of things.
1 x
BB Steel .357 | SGC 22LR | LR .308 | CCH 30-30 | BB Brass .45 Colt (Carbine) | Single Shot 20 gauge | Single Shot .223 | Single Shot 357

BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Post by BigAl52 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:59 am

Its legal for you to return a gun for warranty service or for any other type of work via a gunsmith. But unfortunately some of these clerks at shipping spots think they know the law better than most people that have knowledge of guns. Our USPS doesnt ask a thing about a firearm only if its hazardous. But the UPS depot in town always asks whats in the box. I have always done what you did though and wrapped it in the brown paper.
1 x
Don't worry about getting older and still doing stupid stuff. You'll do the stupid stuff as always, only much slower. Hold my beer and watch this.......

H001T .22LR
H001T .22LR MONUMENT VALLEY
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55

CT_Shooter
Administrator emeritus
United States of America

Post by CT_Shooter » Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:42 am

BigAl52 wrote:... the UPS depot in town always asks whats in the box.
The last time I shipped ammo to my friend in KCMO (and even though I declared the contents on the shipping ticket), the rep at the UPS Service Center told me she had to open the box - a new rule as a result of recent malicious packages in the stream. With that done, she securely wrapped it up again and sent it along.
0 x
H006M Big Boy Brass .357 - H001 Classic .22LR - Uberti / Taylors & Co. SmokeWagon .357 5.5" - Uberti / Taylors & Co. RanchHand .22LR 5.5"

PT7
Drover
United States of America

Post by PT7 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:30 am

Local UPS store would never ship a Henry for me. I tried once to send a rifle scope, but that was a no-go. Used the PO for that. Then I brought in spent brass casings to send to friends, but UPS "diligently" asked specifically what is "rattling" in the box. After I told them, they immediately sent me on my way after completely explaining their rules & regs to me. Again, the PO was okay with sending spent brass.

I can ship a firearm through the local FedEx store, but quite spendy. Have learned that the main UPS Service Center (the KC "hub" downtown) will ship rifles and ordnance for me without much issue at all. Usually ask or recognize a rifle box, and always know the ammo when they see the ordnance signage on the box.

Best help from Henry is them providing the shipping label. That really is a plus in clearing the path; and great CS as they take care of the cost, too. Haven't found any better company than HRA!! Actually, "HRA" is a shortened version of "hurrah." ;)

Happy with Henry.....PT7
1 x

~Пока~

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:09 am

I read somewhere about incidents were neither the local UPS or Fedex 'Stores' wouldn't accept fire arms for shipment. While the main hubs would. As I recall the "stores" where local franchises, not UPS/Fedex owned.
1 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234