Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Would love it, if Henry Arms would build a

here is a place to discuss anything related to Henry
Karl Fairburne
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Would love it, if Henry Arms would build a

Post by Karl Fairburne » Mon Sep 10, 2018 11:22 pm

Semi auto carbine. I think they would sell a TON of them. It wouldn't have to be Tacticool. Just a basic wood stock, perhaps in 9MM, with some goodies, but absolutely NO Bling. Something along the lines of a Marlin Camp 9. Just an all around truck gun.

I will keep my fingers crossed. :D
0 x

Mistered
Drover
United States of America

Re: Would love it, if Henry Arms would build a

Post by Mistered » Mon Sep 10, 2018 11:41 pm

Ditto on the Camp 9 re-pop.
With the way Ruger is selling their PCC (including one to me last weekend) it would no doubt be a hit - especially with a wood stock. Many express they wish Ruger would have gone with wood but that would have increased the price dramatically and possibly not had the universal appeal it has now. I doubt there are many are NOT buying one simply because it does NOT have a wood stock. I am a dedicated wood stock lover (and own many) but I was more impressed with the reviews and quality of the PCC and I can accept the poly stock (and it fits me very well)
NOW what Henry DOES need to make is a replica Mod 73 Winchester ! would be all over that as well! (but it WILL need to have a loading gate to be authentic)
0 x

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Tue Sep 11, 2018 12:20 am

I am one that won't buy synthetic on a rifle.

Why not send your ideas to HenryUSA? "Have an idea for a firearm that we don’t make yet?"
https://www.henryusa.com/henry-firearm-suggestion-box/
Karl Fairburne wrote:Semi auto carbine. I think they would sell a TON of them. It wouldn't have to be Tacticool. Just a basic wood stock, perhaps in 9MM, with some goodies, but absolutely NO Bling. Something along the lines of a Marlin Camp 9. Just an all around truck gun.

I will keep my fingers crossed. :D
Mistered wrote:Ditto on the Camp 9 re-pop.
With the way Ruger is selling their PCC (including one to me last weekend) it would no doubt be a hit - especially with a wood stock. Many express they wish Ruger would have gone with wood but that would have increased the price dramatically and possibly not had the universal appeal it has now. I doubt there are many are NOT buying one simply because it does NOT have a wood stock. I am a dedicated wood stock lover (and own many) but I was more impressed with the reviews and quality of the PCC and I can accept the poly stock (and it fits me very well)
NOW what Henry DOES need to make is a replica Mod 73 Winchester ! would be all over that as well! (but it WILL need to have a loading gate to be authentic)
0 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234

Henry88
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by Henry88 » Tue Sep 11, 2018 12:50 am

I would love it if Henry made a P-08 or P-38 in .22LR.

Of course, I would love it if ANYBODY made a P-08 or P-38 in .22LR. :D
1 x

albin25
Wrangler
United States of America

Post by albin25 » Tue Sep 11, 2018 1:37 am

Cut the 410 lever down to make a Mare's leg...Henry's version of the Mossberg Shockwave. (the Mare's Wave??)
1 x
Welcome to my home..........FYI... that locked door you kicked down was for your protection....not mine.

Mistered
Drover
United States of America

Post by Mistered » Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:16 am

Of course, I would love it if ANYBODY made a P-08 or P-38 in .22LR.
Stoeger Arms made a Luger styled .22 from about 1969-1985 and they are available. A friend of mine had one many years ago.
https://www.gunbroker.com/item/784367375
Walther also made a P-38 in .22 but you would have to do some internet digging to find details.
1 x

ESquared
Deputy Administrator
United States of America

Post by ESquared » Tue Sep 11, 2018 1:07 pm

A double-barreled shotgun would be in keeping with Henry's heritage/historical roots, it seems to me. Whether side-by-side or over/under doesn't matter.
1 x
BB Steel .357 | SGC 22LR | LR .308 | CCH 30-30 | BB Brass .45 Colt (Carbine) | Single Shot 20 gauge | Single Shot .223 | Single Shot 357

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Tue Sep 11, 2018 1:16 pm

oH! You made me go look! Now I want a .410 in brass!
ESquared wrote:A double-barreled shotgun would be in keeping with Henry's heritage/historical roots, it seems to me. Whether side-by-side or over/under doesn't matter.
1 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234

ESquared
Deputy Administrator
United States of America

Post by ESquared » Tue Sep 11, 2018 1:22 pm

I grew up shooting a single shot 16 ga, which you don't even see that much any more. We had one of those hand-held clay pigeon launchers. We thought we were pretty cool.
0 x
BB Steel .357 | SGC 22LR | LR .308 | CCH 30-30 | BB Brass .45 Colt (Carbine) | Single Shot 20 gauge | Single Shot .223 | Single Shot 357

Henry88
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by Henry88 » Tue Sep 11, 2018 1:26 pm

a brass side by side coach gun would be beyond awesome...............
4 x