Post by Greyhawk » Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:05 pm

Gatling gun? :lol: :lol:
3 x

Yornoc3
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Re: Would love it, if Henry Arms would build a

Post by Yornoc3 » Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:30 pm

Here's a simple one. Looking at the history of the H001 model, I stumbled upon pictures of the ERMA Werks rendition of what is essentially the same rifle. This one is much like a Frontier with checkering, expect for the receiver cover being satin (French ;) ) grey, with some minimal engraving. I'd like to see Henry offer us that version of the receiver cover as a Henry Pride accessory. I'm not ambitious enough to do it myself :) .
0 x

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Mon Apr 29, 2019 6:29 pm

For posterity, added here from other posts... even if it is wishful thinking.
Retrofit kits to convert existing tube loaders to side-gate loaders.
0 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234

Ojaileveraction
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by Ojaileveraction » Mon Apr 29, 2019 6:35 pm

Mags wrote:For posterity, added here from other posts... even if it is wishful thinking.
And destroy its collector's resale value? NEVER!
2 x
Pax at Justitia

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Mon Apr 29, 2019 6:44 pm

my best attempt at evil laughter..... :lol: :twisted: :lol: :twisted: :lol: :twisted: :lol: :twisted: :lol: ... :mrgreen:
Ojaileveraction wrote:
Mags wrote:For posterity, added here from other posts... even if it is wishful thinking.
2 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234

PatientWolf
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by PatientWolf » Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:58 pm

I'd love a H001L or a Big Boy Steel .357 with Blonde furniture
1 x

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Wed May 01, 2019 11:34 pm

No need to worry about that. I was thinking new action guts and a side plate would do it. Not so for the H009B. The H009B doesn't have a side plate. The action slides out the bottom of the receiver. So even if a retrofit action was possible it would also take a machine shop to cut out the side gate hole :( . Resale value is thus protected.
Ojaileveraction wrote:
0 x

EasyEd
Cowhand
Canada

Post by EasyEd » Sat May 11, 2019 2:00 pm

Hey All,

I would be honored to be first in line to buy a revived 356 win in the new loading gate model. 400 more fps over a 35 rem is not trivial. Even a 307 would be great. LAs in these are RARE but ammo is produced and would move me into reloading.

-Ed-
1 x

dddrees
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by dddrees » Sat May 11, 2019 4:19 pm

Mistered wrote:
Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:55 pm
I initially answered the original question with 1873 Winchester- and would like to add the 1886 Winchester as well.
The 1886 was a game changer in the world of lever action and had a very strong action for the larger cartridges it was chambered for.
It was also a beautifully made rifle with some being downright elegant. I have held a couple originals and would love to own one if possible.

With the Original Henry I think that works really well for Henry even though Uberti is doing the same Henry is able to offer something that's slightly different. Henry offers a slightly nicer rifle at a higher end of the market. Something slightly nicer but not quite as expensive as Turnbull which takes guns made by Uberti who offers real case hardening and hand tuning and the like. I think although others make the same thing they still offer something that sits in the middle tier if you will and it gives them that piece of the market all by themselves.

But with the Winchester 1873 and 1866 these are already being done by both Uberti and Winchester. Hard to see how Henry would differentiate themselves. Winchester already covers the entire range from lower end with their regular versions and works it way higher from there with either more options as better wood or CCH all the way to their annual Shot Show Version with even more limited editions and even better wood. Uberti offers their rifles with more options typically at s slightly lower price and it's probably got a very strong foothold with the CAS shooters based on the length of time they've done this and amount of parts and customizations available. I think they would face a fairly strong headwind trying to jump into this market.

It might be made in the US but I don't know that that alone would be enough. For me it wouldn't. They would have to do something that would be compelling for me and frankly I've found Miroku to be pretty compelling with regards to the type of guns they manufacture. Then again I think I am at the end of my Winchester acquiring stage so I doubt that they have to worry much about what I would or wouldn't do.
0 x

Mistered
Drover
United States of America

Post by Mistered » Sat May 11, 2019 5:40 pm

It might be made in the US but I don't know that that alone would be enough.
I agree. To actually produce an authentic 1886 replica would require a very dedicated effort, high end CNC machining and very skilled assemblers.
Probably a better idea for Miroku if they were to ever consider it - and it would carry the Winchester name on it.
0 x