Post by Ozarkwoodswalker » Sun Nov 25, 2018 4:27 am

A youth length lever 30 30. :)
1 x

TN Mark
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Re: Would love it, if Henry Arms would build a

Post by TN Mark » Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:17 pm

I've seen the steel carbine in 357 but not a carbine all weather in 357. Nor have I seen an all weather Mares Leg.
0 x

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:05 pm

Ask Henry here:
https://www.henryusa.com/henry-firearm-suggestion-box/

Might get lucky.
TN Mark wrote:I've seen the steel carbine in 357 but not a carbine all weather in 357. Nor have I seen an all weather Mares Leg.
0 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234

Yornoc3
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by Yornoc3 » Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:07 am

What we need is a Henry Custom Shop. Then we could get almost anything ;) .
1 x

DPris
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Post by DPris » Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:36 pm

At the moment, Imperato is not interested in going after a "tactical" or a "defensive" product line.
Recreation & hunting are his focus, and when you consider the current political climate it's politically sensible not to get into areas where his products would used for atrocities.

You have not seen mass murders done with a Henry product in the news, and he doesn't mind that at all.
He IS expanding greatly, but just not in the semi-auto arena.
Denis
3 x

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Fri Jan 25, 2019 4:11 pm

A bit out of left field is that. Read back through the posts and don't see that anyone suggested Henry get into tactical.
DPris wrote:At the moment, Imperato is not interested in going after a "tactical" or a "defensive" product line.
Recreation & hunting are his focus, and when you consider the current political climate it's politically sensible not to get into areas where his products would used for atrocities.

You have not seen mass murders done with a Henry product in the news, and he doesn't mind that at all.
He IS expanding greatly, but just not in the semi-auto arena.
Denis
Last edited by Mags on Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234

DPris
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Post by DPris » Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:02 pm

Nope, what I was trying to convey is that he's not yet been interested in going anywhere near semi-autos.
The opening post was asking for a semi-auto 9mm.
That would be skirting self-defense & opening the door to something along the lines of "tactical", which I Include as a very broad category.

A semi-auto 9mm would fall into neither of Imperato's primary interests- hunting or recreation.
You don't hunt with a 9mm semi-auto & few people use them as plinkers.

His company is becoming much more mainstream, and even though he's vulnerable to some extent politically because he makes "evil guns", he does not get singled out for manufacturing anything that can be mistakenly construed as "assault" weapons.

A semi-auto 9mm would involve a detachable magazine.

The action type, the people-killing magazine, and the obviously non-hunting caliber would take his company in a vulnerable direction he just has no interest in right now.

Denis
3 x

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:35 pm

Oh ya duh! Right in the first post, kind of obvious and I missed it.

Very much mainstream in lever actions. Take a look at this topic: http://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic.p ... ess#p79713
DPris wrote:Nope, what I was trying to convey is that he's not yet been interested in going anywhere near semi-autos.
The opening post was asking for a semi-auto 9mm.
That would be skirting self-defense & opening the door to something along the lines of "tactical", which I Include as a very broad category.

A semi-auto 9mm would fall into neither of Imperato's primary interests- hunting or recreation.

His company is becoming much more mainstream, and even though he's vulnerable to some extent politically because he makes "evil guns", he does not get singled out for manufacturing anything that can be mistakenly construed as "assault" weapons.

A semi-auto 9mm would involve a detachable magazine.

The action type, the people-killing magazine, and the obviously non-hunting caliber would take his company in a vulnerable direction he just has no interest in right now.

Denis
0 x

Mistered
Drover
United States of America

Post by Mistered » Sat Jan 26, 2019 1:30 pm

While I can understand Henry avoiding building semi autos for your supposed stated reasons (however I don't get the 'people-killing magazine' part) there are a LOT of 9mm carbines in use for plinking and small game/varmint hunting and the 9mm is very adequate for this.
Out of a carbine the 9mm round shoots very flat, and accurately to about a 100 yards or so and for small to mid sized game and varmints is superior to a .22 LR.
Rugers' recent introduction of their re-pop PCC has changed the 'playing field' by offering a high quality, reasonably priced 9mm carbine in a traditional design - and popularity and sales of it are incredible.
The 9mm round offers reloaders a wide variety of bullets and it can be loaded very economically and even store bought ammo is one of the lowest priced compared to all other ammo.
My PCC shoots VERY accurately - beyond my expectations actually and I am sure if I fitted a scope 50 yard accuracy would be nearly one hole - or close to it anyway however for my intended use the stock barrel mounted peep sight is working well.
IMG_1198[1].JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Mistered on Sat Jan 26, 2019 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
3 x

BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Post by BigAl52 » Sat Jan 26, 2019 1:59 pm

I agree with Ed on the 9mm. I bought one and its a lot of fun for plinking. I didnt get to shoot mine much as I had a problem with the barrel and had to send it back to Ruger. But I wouldnt hesitate to pop a rabbit or even a coyote with it at the right range. With already having 9mm handguns and plenty of ammo around its a fun addition to my collection. Price of ammo bought at some of the online ammo sources is reasonable also.
1 x
Don't worry about getting older and still doing stupid stuff. You'll do the stupid stuff as always, only much slower. Hold my beer and watch this.......

H001T .22LR
H001T .22LR MONUMENT VALLEY
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55