Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Can you remove the caliber designation from the magazine tube

here is a place to discuss anything related to Henry
ESquared
Deputy Administrator
United States of America

Re: Can you remove the caliber designation from the magazine tube

Post by ESquared » Tue Sep 04, 2018 12:33 pm

Those look like stickers, not painted numbers, but you never know. What an abomination. There should be a place for "Worst LGS Stories," and this should be Entry #1.
0 x
BB Steel .357 | SGC 22LR | LR .308 | CCH 30-30 | BB Brass .45 Colt (Carbine) | Single Shot 20 gauge | Single Shot .223 | Single Shot 357

GunnyGene
Drover
United States of America

Post by GunnyGene » Tue Sep 04, 2018 6:50 pm

I saw this once a long time ago, in a CA Walmart I think it was. IIRC they were stickers the store had put on, so that customers would know what the caliber was without having hands on access.
0 x
Bellum Omnium Contra Omnes is rapidly becoming a reality (11/2023). Para Bellum.

Redthies
Cowboy
Canada

Post by Redthies » Wed Sep 05, 2018 1:31 am

A simple tag with caliber noted on it in big numbers would be fine too. There must be some serious idiots working in whichever store did that!
0 x
SGC .22 LR Stripped and oiled up
BBSC .357 w Skinner Express & Patridge
BBSC .44 Magnum with Skinners
Marlin 1895GS .45-70 w RPP Cloverleaf
Marlin 336BL .30-30 w Skinner LoPro 2 and Sig 2-7x
1912 Winchester 1894 .30 WCF

harveymushman
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Post by harveymushman » Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:35 pm

Esquared was right, they were stickers. They softened up with #9, and now you can't tell they were there. I wonder why or how they got there. They had a big selection of lever guns from various makers, and the only one's with stickers were the Henrys.
2 x

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:46 pm

I sent a note to Henry CS about this yesterday. Should have their response by tomorrow. But as we've all speculated, likely LGS thing. Good that it was stickers instead of paint. Still tacky way to treat a Henry.
0 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234

harveymushman
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Post by harveymushman » Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:53 pm

Mags wrote:I sent a note to Henry CS about this yesterday. Should have their response by tomorrow. But as we've all speculated, likely LGS thing. Good that it was stickers instead of paint. Still tacky way to treat a Henry.
Mags, I'll be interested to see what you learn. They had Ubertis and Rossis in various calibers. Like the Henrys, they looked exactly alike. But they were in different calibers without the stickers.

I think I'm going to get some stickers for my carry gun, and brand it .50 BMG!
0 x

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:09 am

harveymushman wrote:I wonder why or how they got there. They had a big selection of lever guns from various makers, and the only one's with stickers were the Henrys.
when you get back to the store where you purchased it, please ask them Why ? .... there has to be a reason for them to take the time and effort to put the stickers on all of their Henry rifles ....
1 x

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Thu Sep 06, 2018 11:34 am

Message from Jeff at Henry CS:
No sir. We did not do that. No Henry firearms come with those big orange numbers.
harveymushman wrote:
Mags wrote:I sent a note to Henry CS about this yesterday. Should have their response by tomorrow. But as we've all speculated, likely LGS thing. Good that it was stickers instead of paint. Still tacky way to treat a Henry.
Mags, I'll be interested to see what you learn. They had Ubertis and Rossis in various calibers. Like the Henrys, they looked exactly alike. But they were in different calibers without the stickers.
0 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234

Firearmfanatic
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by Firearmfanatic » Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:17 am

I have golden boy 44mag and mine doesn't have anything red on it on the tube inside or outside. Use extreme caution. I agree I wouldn't want to ruin the finish on it.
0 x