Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

American Legacy brochure

here is a place to discuss anything related to Henry
BrokenolMarine
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

American Legacy brochure

Post by BrokenolMarine » Wed Aug 01, 2018 7:45 am

I got a brochure in the mail a couple days ago from American Legacy Firearms. ;) Since I live in Virginia, they sent me a prospectus on their latest release, the Virginia Legacy Rifle. 1 of 50. :shock:
A gold plated, heavily engraved, limited edition, Henry Big Boy 44 with a 20" octagon barrel.

They asked me to call and see how I can reserve mine, today. 8-)
They didn't mention the price, but a peek at the website reveals a range of $2500 - $3000 per offering. The Virginia Legacy isn't up yet, though they do have others.

It's a beaut... no doubt. But as I stated in a previous post and many others agreed... I would rather spend that extra money on ammo, or several other guns. :D

https://www.americanlegacyfirearms.com

But, if I had a LOT of extra money, and could afford guns I would never ever shoot... :roll:

Thoughts?
Comments?
1 x
You can tell a lot about the character of a man...
by the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.

Mistered
Drover
United States of America

Re: American Legacy brochure

Post by Mistered » Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:47 am

Thoughts?
Comments?
I think if one had a historical based wall display then one of the guns complementing the particular display would be a nice touch but add the cost of the gun (along with the other items) and it might become a pretty expensive 'wall'!
0 x

Lyman
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by Lyman » Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:25 am

"A stainless steel Ruger Vaquero .45 Long Colt that is ornately engraved with the iconic symbols of gambling." I like this one. Im far from rich enough to afford it though.
0 x
NRA & 2nd Amendment Supporter. Lyman is my middle name.

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Wed Aug 01, 2018 11:29 am

BrokenolMarine wrote: Thoughts?
Comments?
Too grossly ornately engraved for me. I like it better simple and lightly done or not at all.
0 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234

BrokenolMarine
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by BrokenolMarine » Wed Aug 01, 2018 11:57 am

Like I said before..

A couple challenge coins or my wings and the eagle, globe, and anchor inlaid in the stock would be good for me.
0 x

ESquared
Deputy Administrator
United States of America

Post by ESquared » Wed Aug 01, 2018 2:21 pm

It makes one wonder who the target consumer is for such an offering. "One of fifty" makes it pretty rare in the world of rifles, but it's a far cry from "one of a kind." E'd be wondering what those other 49 people are doing with theirs, where they live, etc.
Maybe I'm wrong, but it seems like the buyers of these types of guns would tend to be more organizations, institutions, businesses, etc., vs. the individual.
As an individual, I'd be plenty happy for Henry to make me a customized "Heirloom" version of something I'd shoot with its privately designated Serial Number.
But I'm clearly not the target for these types of things, so what do I know?
0 x
BB Steel .357 | SGC 22LR | LR .308 | CCH 30-30 | BB Brass .45 Colt (Carbine) | Single Shot 20 gauge | Single Shot .223 | Single Shot 357

BrokenolMarine
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by BrokenolMarine » Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:20 pm

I once bought a limited edition kayak. One of twenty five. I bought it because it was carbon fiber and half the weight of the standard version, and we had the money at the time. I got lucky, no one else ordered the custom laid kayaks that first six months... so they closed the option. I have one of one.

Folks in the know refer to that kayak as the black ghost. No one knows where it is or who owns it.
3 x

RanchRoper
Forum Ambassador
Canada

Post by RanchRoper » Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:26 pm

Very nice.
0 x
1860 Colt SA Richards Conversion Revolver .45C
1860 Henry .45C
1885 High Wall .45C
1820-1840 Frontier Percussion .50
1790-1820 Frontier Flintlock .50

Ohkínohkomit - Shoot skillfully

ESquared
Deputy Administrator
United States of America

Post by ESquared » Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:05 pm

That's a great story!
0 x
BB Steel .357 | SGC 22LR | LR .308 | CCH 30-30 | BB Brass .45 Colt (Carbine) | Single Shot 20 gauge | Single Shot .223 | Single Shot 357

PT7
Drover
United States of America

Post by PT7 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 7:24 am

Great story, Marine, and cool 8-) that your black ghost is a one-of-one.

I have a perspective on the two Henry Carbines I own; and that is through my eyes of being a wood nut.
~~~Each one is a basic steel Carbine.
~~~Henry makes no distinction that they are a unique model and are special to own in any way.
~~~The number of each Carbine model (SGC and BBS) Henry has sold probably is in the 1000s.

But if you consider primarily the wood stocks, maybe even the forends, I have two unique, one-of-a-kind Henry rifles. That is because each MO tree harvested has its unique color and grain pattern. These Henrys were built without any special consideration of giving them the "extra nice" Henry wood option. However, both of my Henry stocks are exceptionally nice, and unique, for coming out of "generic" production. I am more than pleased with both, and enjoy their looks every time I pack them for a range visit. I've posted these two stocks photos before; here is a reminder:

Stock view - Small Game Carbine .22LR
SGC_wood2_1527.jpg
Stock view - Big Boy Steel Carbine .357 Magnum
DSCN2479.JPG
I would bet that each of your wood projects is one-of-a-kind, unique also, Marine. I know you've seen some beautiful wood running through your wood shop!

Enough meanderings from a wood-nut, who is probably a little off his nut, too!! ;)
Interesting post on this perspective. Thanks again for sharing it.
PT7
BrokenolMarine wrote:I once bought a limited edition kayak. One of twenty five. I bought it because it was carbon fiber and half the weight of the standard version, and we had the money at the time. I got lucky, no one else ordered the custom laid kayaks that first six months... so they closed the option. I have one of one.

Folks in the know refer to that kayak as the black ghost. No one knows where it is or who owns it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
1 x

~Пока~