Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

A Henry Repeating Arms customer service story like no other

here is a place to discuss anything related to Henry
Leonardo
Tenderfoot
United States of America

A Henry Repeating Arms customer service story like no other

Post by Leonardo » Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:17 pm

So, I’ll admit, I rarely take the time to pass on a truly wonderful customer service experience. It seems we are very quick to voice outrage displeasure with a customer service experience, but not as apt to rave about a good one.

So, this is an honest, true story that unfolded today. It drove me to a very low valley in the morning and rocketed me to the moon in the afternoon.

I have a Henry Big Boy Steel in 44 Mag headed my way. I made a deal for it with a gentleman in Connecticut. He shipped it UPS and it was to arrive at my dealer’s today. I had not checked the tracking since Saturday, so, I entered the numbers. Below is the exact statement that came up.

Merchandise is missing. UPS will notify the sender with additional details. / All merchandise missing, empty carton was discarded. UPS will notify the sender with details of the damage.

When I read this, my jaw dropped and I about gave birth to a cow. I fired off an e-mail to the sender as I knew my calling UPS would get me no where. I pressed on about my day, trying to keep my mind off this.

At about 2pm I got a phone call from a number I didn’t recognize. I decided to pick it up, I usually don’t answer numbers I don’t know. A young lady greeted me and stated she way Gynette from Henry Repeating Arms and that she had my rifle. I was flabbergasted, I was confused, I was elated! I asked how this happened and before she answered I stated my name and gave her information about the rifle, the seller and who I was to ensure she knew who I was. She explained that they received the rifle in its factory box, they had thought it was in for repair but the label was an “outgoing” format and the included information was confusing. I explained my story of how my morning started, and what I read at the UPS tracking page.

She took the required information as well as mine and got the rifle out via UPS about thirty minutes later. She wouldn’t even take my information so I could pay for the shipping charges. This kind of treatment blows my mind. If anyone speaks with Gynettet at Henry, pass along thanks for the guy with the lost Henry Big Boy steel 44.

I can make this statement with complete honesty, I will only own Henry lever action rifles, no other brand will work for me.

Thanks for listening to my story..........
9 x

PT7
Drover
United States of America

Re: A Henry Repeating Arms customer service story like no other

Post by PT7 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:32 pm

You are spot on about Henry Customer Service (CS), Leonardo. And you are also spot on that we "voice outrage/displeasure" before we "rave about good CS." But you are not the first person that has had an issue with a Henry rifle, bumps solidly into Henry's excellent CS, and comes out a winner and almost ecstatic about the company.

I believe Anthony Imperato would be most pleased to read your story. You should email it to him; either directly, or via the Henry Customer Letters on their web site.

I've had any number of excellent experiences such as yours over the last six years with Henry. Last summer a Henry rep in Rice Lake, Denette, went overboard to resolve a tough issue with the BBS .357 Carbine I had bought. The rifle had a barrel that would not shoot straight. She spent many phone calls with me over 2-3 weeks trying to find a resolution, including two repairs by Henry. Finally, she made me a contented Henry customer and refunded my purchase price when she accepted the rifle permanently back into their fold.

Just recently I bought another BBS .357 Carbine, and it is top-notch. I've come full circle, as well.

Thanks for posting your kudos for Henry CS. It is well-deserved, and joins other voices on our Forum from content Henry owners. Really appreciated your very last statement!! :D
PT7
Leonardo wrote:So, I’ll admit, I rarely take the time to pass on a truly wonderful customer service experience. It seems we are very quick to voice outrage displeasure with a customer service experience, but not as apt to rave about a good one.

So, this is an honest, true story that unfolded today.

She took the required information as well as mine and got the rifle out via UPS about thirty minutes later. She wouldn’t even take my information so I could pay for the shipping charges. This kind of treatment blows my mind. If anyone speaks with Gynettet at Henry, pass along thanks for the guy with the lost Henry Big Boy steel 44.

I can make this statement with complete honesty, I will only own Henry lever action rifles, no other brand will work for me.

Thanks for listening to my story..........
0 x

~Пока~

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:43 pm

it comes as no surprise to read, yet another, positive report .... I tend to believe that we hear so many good reports on the quality of Henry's customer service that we tend to take it for granted .... I don't think any of us would claim that Henry firearms are always perfect and never have any issues .... thanks for reminding us, yet again, that we are dealing with a company that is totally committed to supports its products and its customers
0 x

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:05 pm

Great way to end the day. Congrats. Let us know how that Big Boy shoots. Looking forward to your range report on it.
0 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234

BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Post by BigAl52 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:06 pm

Thanks for sharing the story with us. I as well am not surprised at this. They are a top notch company and it makes you want to support them by buying there products. I do I own 10 Henrys. I will probably buy more. Al
0 x
Don't worry about getting older and still doing stupid stuff. You'll do the stupid stuff as always, only much slower. Hold my beer and watch this.......

H001T .22LR
H001T .22LR MONUMENT VALLEY
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55

Leonardo
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Post by Leonardo » Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:02 pm

8-)

4 x

steelersfan97
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by steelersfan97 » Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:20 pm

Never ship a rifle in its box like that. Wrap it up with some kind of paper or put it inside another box.

That's just asking for trouble. I am glad it worked out for you.
0 x
H006M, H015-223

Leonardo
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Post by Leonardo » Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:39 pm

Well.....it was received just how Henry ships them, all wrapped up, double boxed. As per my original post, the 2nd box, the exterior one was mangled, according to UPS. The Henry box as pictured, is nearly unscathed. Henry’s wrapping of the rifle kept it for getting damaged.

0 x