Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

I don't get this at all

here is a place to discuss anything related to Henry
billbeam
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Re: I don't get this at all

Post by billbeam » Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:06 am

BrokenolMarine wrote:I agree with you on that one SH, in all my collection, I don't currently own one. I have had a shot or two at acquiring a few, but passed. I like to shoot what I own. Lol. Why invest in what you can't shoot. This late in life, a Henry with a challenge coin and my AC wings would be more like custom grips. I could display it, AND shoot it. :D
I think to improve the looks add a US Army challenge coin, a CIB, and Senior Aircrew Member Wings. That would be nice.
0 x
US ARMY MSG Retired 1969-1989
H001 .22 S/L/LR
H001M .22 Magnum
H004 Golden Boy .22 S/L/LR (Personalized for Grandson) & H004Y Gold Boy Youth
H006M Big Boy Classic .357 Mag
H006MSD Big Boy Silver Deluxe Engraved .357 Mag
H012M Big Boy Steel .357

BrokenolMarine
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by BrokenolMarine » Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:18 am

billbeam wrote:
BrokenolMarine wrote:I agree with you on that one SH, in all my collection, I don't currently own one. I have had a shot or two at acquiring a few, but passed. I like to shoot what I own. Lol. Why invest in what you can't shoot. This late in life, a Henry with a challenge coin and my AC wings would be more like custom grips. I could display it, AND shoot it. :D
I think to improve the looks add a US Army challenge coin, a CIB, and Senior Aircrew Member Wings. That would be nice.
Wow, that sounds really nice. If you get one done, post a pic and tell me who did the work so I can send my stuff. ;)
0 x
You can tell a lot about the character of a man...
by the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.

jbmabrey
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Post by jbmabrey » Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:17 am

http://sportingclassics.com/
Take a look-not a bad site with good people. No harder to "get" than any other group selling a Henry rifle.
0 x

ditchparrot
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by ditchparrot » Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:09 pm

jbmabrey wrote:http://sportingclassics.com/
Take a look-not a bad site with good people. No harder to "get" than any other group selling a Henry rifle.
I know enough about the magazine – I've held several copies in my hands and I'm a subscriber to their daily emails.

My point is that if I'm going to get an engraved rifle, it's not going to have the name of a magazine on it – any magazine!
1 x
Henry Big Boy Rifle .357
Henry Classic .22
Henry Lever-Action .410
Henry Big Boy Revolver .357

tarbe
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by tarbe » Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:34 pm

We have a lot of purists here!

Although I know a few Winchester and Marlin guys who think we are nuts for loving a rifle without a loading gate.

Agree though...that rifle is going to have a really limited appeal. Like people who are "Sporting Classics" junkies. That's about it!
0 x
USMC 1976 - 1980 0351

Henry H010
Henry H010CC
Savage M99 308 (born in '57 like me!)
Browning M53 32-20
336 30-30
No 1 300 H&H
No 1 375 H&H
1895 30-40 Krag
Ruger American 308
Several Nasty Black Rifles :o

Leonardo
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Post by Leonardo » Sun Jul 22, 2018 7:18 am

I bought a Golden Boy in.22lr a few years back. It had the SnapOn logo engraved on the stock. I bought it as it was a very good deal. I then ordered a new stock and foregrip from Henry. I sold the SnapOn wood for about half what the new set cost. Still came out ahead.

So,.....no, I would not buy a Henry with a logo engraved unless it was a VERY good deal.
0 x

Leonardo
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Post by Leonardo » Sun Jul 22, 2018 7:20 am

tarbe wrote:We have a lot of purists here!

Although I know a few Winchester and Marlin guys who think we are nuts for loving a rifle without a loading gate.

I’ve never owned a Marlin or a Winchester where the loading gate operated smoothly. They have mangled a few thumb nails though. The current quality of what marlin is producing isn’t no where near the quality of what I expect.
1 x

If1Hitu
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by If1Hitu » Wed Jul 25, 2018 7:00 am

No I wouldn’t want it!
0 x
A individual can't be a Army
A individual can't be a Navy.
A individual can't be a Air Force
A individual can't be a Coast Guard
A individual can be a MARINE! Semper Fi.

Mistered
Drover
United States of America

Post by Mistered » Wed Jul 25, 2018 8:16 am

I’ve never owned a Marlin or a Winchester where the loading gate operated smoothly.
This doesn't need to be as they are very easy smooth up and shouldn't ever pinch a finger when used properly. My three Winchesters have never pinched a finger but as I have said before a loading gate favors longer cartridges.
0 x

Firearmfanatic
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by Firearmfanatic » Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:31 am

BrokenolMarine wrote:Yeah, I'd buy one with the Marine Corps Emblem, State Police Logo, or something similar... even the NRA Life Member logo, but not Mad Magazine, Shooting Times, etc. But I agree, If I won a contest sponsored by one of those magazines and the prize was a Henry with their logo... I'd take it, and build a display case for it. :D

I'd LOVE to have a Henry with the Marine Corps Emblem and My Aircrew Wings either mounted or engraved on it.
That would look really nice in the Presentation/Display case I made to see if I could, but don't really use right now.
and it closes.jpg
It's done.jpg

I think the Carbine would look really nice with a Marine Corps Challenge Coin inlaid in the stock and the aircrew wings inlaid in the forearm. They would have to be done by someone who is well above MY skill level. ;)
OOOHHRRAAAAAA!!!!!!!!
0 x