Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Lever Guns Viable Option

here is a place to discuss anything related to Henry
GFK
Cowboy
United States of America

Lever Guns Viable Option

Post by GFK » Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:28 pm

Read this article on another site about lever guns being a decent option for self-defense. Seems basic. But, nice to see it put together though.

https://www.gunsamerica.com/blog/the-le ... fectively/
2 x
Actions speak louder than words (Matthew 7:16-20).

PT7
Drover
United States of America

Re: Lever Guns Viable Option

Post by PT7 » Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:46 pm

Good article, GFK. Quite informative.

Not long after I got my first Henry BBB in .357 Magnum, I came across a video with the same focus as your article. It's hosted by a Sheriff. Today's Henry Carbines fit the bill, too, for SD use. Just another niche for a Henry rifle. http://www.wideopenspaces.com/sheriff-j ... nse-video/
2 x

~Пока~

Bugs
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by Bugs » Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:58 pm

Great article GFK, thanks for posting & sharing it.
1 x

GFK
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by GFK » Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:59 pm

PT7 wrote:Good article, GFK. Quite informative.

Not long after I got my first Henry BBB in .357 Magnum, I came across a video with the same focus as your article. It's hosted by a Sheriff. Today's Henry Carbines fit the bill, too, for SD use. Just another niche for a Henry rifle. http://www.wideopenspaces.com/sheriff-j ... nse-video/
PT7, I do recall seeing this video awhile back. It confirmed that a lever action was not a bad choice. I was thinking it may have been considered a bit outdated. But, I like it just the same. When I work the lever, it's like making music. Everything seems to be working in harmony.
1 x

PT7
Drover
United States of America

Post by PT7 » Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:15 pm

I think you're right, GFK, that the video is somewhat outdated.
But I'm sure glad that lever-action rifles are not outdated yet!!! :D

"Music & harmony." Cool 8-) descriptions for working a Henry.
PT7

GFK wrote:

PT7, I do recall seeing this video awhile back. It confirmed that a lever action was not a bad choice. I was thinking it may have been considered a bit outdated. But, I like it just the same. When I work the lever, it's like making music. Everything seems to be working in harmony.
1 x

~Пока~

GFK
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by GFK » Wed Jun 06, 2018 4:05 pm

PT7 wrote:I think you're right, GFK, that the video is somewhat outdated.
But I'm sure glad that lever-action rifles are not outdated yet!!! :D

"Music & harmony." Cool 8-) descriptions for working a Henry.
PT7

GFK wrote:

Thanks for the response PT7. But, sorry for the misunderstanding. What I was referring to as being outdated was the lever action not the video. The video help confirmed for me that the lever action was not outdated. So, I went ahead and purchased one. Now, I am considering purchasing a third one. I think I may stop after that though. Unless, I come up with another reason to purchase one. 8-)
1 x

jcch004dd
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Post by jcch004dd » Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:33 pm

I don't own an AR15 style rifle. Accuracy by volume is not my thing. I own a locker full of lever guns all makes, many calibers. As a law abiding citizen's defensive weapon they will all hold their own.
5 x

Mistered
Drover
United States of America

Post by Mistered » Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:51 pm

I don't own an AR15 style rifle. Accuracy by volume is not my thing.
And volume is NOT as 'accurate' as one might think - A good AR in the right hands is deadly - but most AR owners never really approach the guns' potential and just sling lead out of them. I have seen some AR shooters shoot them so poorly I would not be too terribly concerned with them shooting at me at a 100 + yards (with good cover) - but when they're 'lead' is gone or they are reloading - god help them if I have my Henry, or one of my 26" Winchesters!
1 x

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Sat Jul 07, 2018 12:11 am

Not to mention a lot of AR shooters are just obnoxious and inconsiderate at the range. They blow in, shoot there 500 rounds in 10 minutes then peal out of there is a cloud of dust laughing their a$$s off. Not so much as a howdy and not bothering to police their brass or beer cans.
0 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234

Mistered
Drover
United States of America

Post by Mistered » Sat Jul 07, 2018 12:14 am

They blow in, shoot there 500 rounds in 10 minutes then peal out of there is a cloud of dust laughing their a$$s off. Not so much as a howdy and not bothering to police their brass or beer cans.
Fortunately I do NOT have to deal with this 'over here' on the 'East Side'
0 x