Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Henry's new "Black" guns

here is a place to discuss anything related to Henry
RetiredSeabee
Administrator
United States of America

Re: Henry's new "Black" guns

Post by RetiredSeabee » Thu May 10, 2018 7:01 pm

I guess Henry is trying to appeal to a new demographic. Not my demographic but if they sell it’s a good step for Henry. Sure wish they would make a coach gun with hammers and a single action revolver.
4 x
Load on Sunday and Shoot all Week.......okay it's a Mare's Leg I will reload on Wednesday. ;)

Conax
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by Conax » Thu May 10, 2018 7:46 pm

Oh no.
The marketing department is looking for a few weird shooters that want to try to lever their actions and feed their mag tubes as fast as you can shoot dry and slap fresh mags into an AR-15.
This will only bring ridicule down on them. Not to mention ludicrous comparo articles.
Bad idea, Henry. Stick with what you do so well, what sells for you. The world has enough black plastic.
0 x

Mistered
Drover
United States of America

Post by Mistered » Thu May 10, 2018 8:56 pm

Bad idea, Henry. Stick with what you do so well, what sells for you. The world has enough black plastic.
COMPLETELY! - the black plastic crowd already has what they want - Hi-Cap lead hoses (and that market ain't so hot right now). This is not unlike when Harley came out with the V-Rod to try to draw the already saturated crotch-rocket crowd to a hi-performance Harley - or the already traditional Harley owner to something new - either way it didn't work out too well for them and the V-Rod crashed!
0 x

Travlin
Cowboy

Post by Travlin » Thu May 10, 2018 9:31 pm

I agree that they are a solution to a problem that doesn't exist. The last I read about the all weather rifles they were hard chrome and painted wood stocks.
0 x

BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Post by BigAl52 » Thu May 10, 2018 10:21 pm

Cowboy guns dont deserve to be insulted with that tactical stuff. Man if they go that way Im gonna be real disappointed. They cant even keep up with what there into now let alone go that route. I havent even seen a CCH 357 yet. Im with RR yuck.
1 x
Don't worry about getting older and still doing stupid stuff. You'll do the stupid stuff as always, only much slower. Hold my beer and watch this.......

H001T .22LR
H001T .22LR MONUMENT VALLEY
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55

RanchRoper
Forum Ambassador
Canada

Post by RanchRoper » Thu May 10, 2018 11:03 pm

Rather see a Henry hi wall or low wall buffalo style rifle. HRA nice wood. Octagon barrel. Oh ya.
2 x
1860 Colt SA Richards Conversion Revolver .45C
1860 Henry .45C
1885 High Wall .45C
1820-1840 Frontier Percussion .50
1790-1820 Frontier Flintlock .50

Ohkínohkomit - Shoot skillfully

North Country Gal
Firearms Advisor
United States of America

Post by North Country Gal » Fri May 11, 2018 10:56 am

Travlin wrote:I agree that they are a solution to a problem that doesn't exist. The last I read about the all weather rifles they were hard chrome and painted wood stocks.
Great point. Painted wood and chrome are not my idea of all weather guns, especially painted wood. It still cracks and gets gouges like any other wood stock and if it's only applied, externally, it does nothing to prevent swelling/contracting in changes of climate. That's the whole point of going with a synthetic stock. Chrome plating on the external metal metal parts still doesn't protect the bore, not to mention it almost guarantees an irregular finish on external parts. Calling such a gun "all weather" is a marketing ripoff. Good way to cover up reject parts that wouldn't otherwise make the grade on the steel and wood versions.
1 x

The Wiz
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by The Wiz » Fri May 11, 2018 11:22 am

I would be disappointed in Henry. I always considered then as a unique company and had a certain mystic aura about them. If they go that route they are just another gun manufacture. :(
0 x
Vietnam, Cambodia, DMZ
101st Airborne, Recon. ( Where in the heck are we?)
25th Inf. Div.2/22 Inf. Reg.(mech.)
Sgt., U.S. Army, Sniper

S&W Model 67
Uberti 1851 Navy Conv.
Uberti 1873 Bisley
Henry .357 Carbine CCH
Henry SGR .22
Taurus 856

GFK
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by GFK » Fri May 11, 2018 1:46 pm

Well, if they are going to warranty a gun for life, a stream of money will have to be available for repairs: parts, salaries, facilities, etc. That could be generated by sales, investments or a combination. Giving people something different to buy could increase sales. But, increasing sales should not be the only strategy. At some point, a person may reach their limit of firearms (if that is even possible?). Even if that is not possible, only so many people are purchasing lever actions which will probably cover overhead (plus wants, desires and give-aways) for so long. In do not know all of the ins and outs of the business. But, I suspect only so much can be a tax write off. Just my 2 cents.
Last edited by GFK on Sat May 12, 2018 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
Actions speak louder than words (Matthew 7:16-20).

Slide Action
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Post by Slide Action » Fri May 11, 2018 5:19 pm

I would rather see Henry keep up with what they already offer. Maybe even produce a .22 slide action carbine!
1 x