Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Walmart can’t order any more Henry’s?

here is a place to discuss anything related to Henry
Carver
Cowhand
United States of America

Walmart can’t order any more Henry’s?

Post by Carver » Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:40 pm

I was talking to a friend that works in sporting goods at Walmart this morning and he told me that they could not order any more Henry’s . I don’t know if it’s just this store “Elizabeth, Colorado “ or all the stores. He didn’t have any more information but will try and follow up .
0 x

Mistered
Drover
United States of America

Re: Walmart can’t order any more Henry’s?

Post by Mistered » Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:59 pm

It would be interesting to hear the outcome of this if it is in fact true.
Overall the gun market is really in 'flux' right now and I suspect many changes will take place over the next couple years.
I am no expert but I foresee a reduction of online sites selling guns, ammo and accessories.
I predict the gun market will settle back to smaller shops and fewer retail stores selling guns, with a resurgence of interest in the more traditional and collectible.
I doubt we will ever see anything like the incredible build up and overwhelming sales of ARs, AKs, and 'black' guns in general since the AWB of 1994 which largely in part precipitated it all.
Personally I hope I am right about all this..............
0 x

Danwin22
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by Danwin22 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:55 am

I never did get interested in the AR or AK style weapons but have no problem with those who do.

Being older, I still lust after older, more classic Steel & Walnut guns.

I have also moved away from centerfires and prefer the .22 LR for it's obvious economy and low noise and almost no recoil.
6 x
USAF 1958-62, NRA Member, CWP

RanchRoper
Forum Ambassador
Canada

Post by RanchRoper » Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:07 am

Walmart Canada never did sell guns. Just very limited amounts of ammo.
1 x
1860 Colt SA Richards Conversion Revolver .45C
1860 Henry .45C
1885 High Wall .45C
1820-1840 Frontier Percussion .50
1790-1820 Frontier Flintlock .50

Ohkínohkomit - Shoot skillfully

PT7
Drover
United States of America

Post by PT7 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:16 am

I thought your expression of older, more classic rifles was cool: Steel & Walnut. 8-)

I had not heard it put that way before. It'll become part of my vocabulary, too.

Danwin22 wrote:I never did get interested in the AR or AK style weapons but have no problem with those who do.

Being older, I still lust after older, more classic Steel & Walnut guns.

I have also moved away from centerfires and prefer the .22 LR for it's obvious economy and low noise and almost no recoil.
1 x

~Пока~

MICoyote
Wrangler
United States of America

Post by MICoyote » Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:42 am

Most Walmarts in my area have Henry Golden Boys in all calibers.

And they just got in the new Rossi M94's in .357 & .44 Mag.
0 x

North Country Gal
Firearms Advisor
United States of America

Post by North Country Gal » Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:10 am

The few guns that our Wal-mart sells in our rural area are traditional style guns. Our local store does sell a lot of ammo, too, but, again, only popular cartridges. I suspect that it is up to each store to carry what sells in their area, but, of course, I don't work for Wal-mart, so only guessing, here.

My crystal ball also predicts a return to more traditional guns in the future, but who knows? We've been doing our best, though, to make it happen. :)
0 x

CT_Shooter
Administrator emeritus
United States of America

Post by CT_Shooter » Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:55 pm

Danwin22 wrote:Being older, I still lust after older, more classic Steel & Walnut guns.
The Walmart nearest me (20 minutes) doesn't sell firearms, though it does sell airguns. It also sells ammunition, and the ammo case has never been as complete and completely full as it has been during the last six months. The limit on the quantity of 22LRs that can be purchased has also been lifted. Go figure! I guess everybody who wants to shoot rimfire (or prepare for Armageddon) is sitting on a decades worth of inventory in their ammo cabinets.

AR15s and similar guns as well as larger than ten round magazines are no longer permitted in CT.; that's so very OK with me. Lever guns with larger than ten round tubes, like my Henrys, are OK here.
0 x
H006M Big Boy Brass .357 - H001 Classic .22LR - Uberti / Taylors & Co. SmokeWagon .357 5.5" - Uberti / Taylors & Co. RanchHand .22LR 5.5"

The Wiz
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by The Wiz » Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:45 pm

It is Interesting and sad when I go into this one large gun shop with an extensive long gun inventory and watch the generational split of shoppers interests. The younger guys (20's, 30's) for the most part, are all over the the AR's. They have no interest in non tactical shot guns, bolts, singles, or levers. They are missing a lot , I believe in not exploring other type of rifles. Hopefully, this fascination with AR's will die down and the mom and pop gun shops will not have to stock those to stay in business.
3 x
Vietnam, Cambodia, DMZ
101st Airborne, Recon. ( Where in the heck are we?)
25th Inf. Div.2/22 Inf. Reg.(mech.)
Sgt., U.S. Army, Sniper

S&W Model 67
Uberti 1851 Navy Conv.
Uberti 1873 Bisley
Henry .357 Carbine CCH
Henry SGR .22
Taurus 856

Les
Cowboy
South Africa

Post by Les » Sat Apr 14, 2018 3:49 am

AR's and black rifles in general are very popular over here, too. There are a lot of clubs that cater for 'mini rifle' competitions, but I suspect that a lot of the "younger" shooters and military wannabees buy them just to look tough. We are not allowed any semi-auto rifles over .22LR caliber, but there is no limit - yet - on magazine capacity.

I fully agree with Danwin22. There is just no substitute for traditional steel and walnut, and that will be finding its way into my vocabulary too! :D
2 x