Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

HiVis sights for Henry big boy steel carbine

here is a place to discuss anything related to Henry
Conax
Cowhand
United States of America

Re: HiVis sights for Henry big boy steel carbine

Post by Conax » Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:16 pm

Hi vis sights have their ups and downs, like anything.
On the upside they are great in low light, toward evening, in the dark woods or shadow.
On the downside they tend to 'bloom up' in direct sunlight, obscuring low contrast targets or long range shots.
The glow can blot out a groundhog over in the shade.
You pay your money and you take your choice ;)
1 x

Oksrt
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by Oksrt » Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:54 pm

I use the green front sight, it doesn't glow as does the orange or red.
0 x
I love all God's creatures, some are better with gravy.

Mistered
Drover
United States of America

Post by Mistered » Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:11 pm

Mistered, what front sight do you have on your rifle? I put the same sight on my BBS 45 colt. I noticed that it doesn’t have the full range of up and down adjustment. Have you had issues with this?
I took the blade front off of one of my Winchesters and put it on my Henry BECAUSE I wanted to try the gold bead front off my HENRY with the semi buckhorn on the Winchester. Well long story short when I got the Williams for the Henry I decided to try it with the blade left on the Henry and the results speak for themselves.
The only thing I discovered is IF the elevation slide is slid DOWN the aperture will make contact with the sight base BUT this could be easily remedied with a small round file to make a slight half moon radius to allow the aperture to clear the base BUT unless the front sight were very short I doubt the rear would need to be lowered much more than what mine shows to get a proper front/rear sight orientation.
1 x