Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Henry quality control

here is a place to discuss anything related to Henry
Henry88
Cowboy
United States of America

Re: Henry quality control

Post by Henry88 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:46 pm

BTW guys, if you want to see what complaints REALLY look like, be my guest....................

http://www.marlinowners.com/forum/marlin-rant-forum/
0 x

RanchRoper
Forum Ambassador
Canada

Post by RanchRoper » Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:16 pm

What's this "loading gate" they refer to?

:P
2 x
1860 Colt SA Richards Conversion Revolver .45C
1860 Henry .45C
1885 High Wall .45C
1820-1840 Frontier Percussion .50
1790-1820 Frontier Flintlock .50

Ohkínohkomit - Shoot skillfully

Cofisher
Drover
United States of America

Post by Cofisher » Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:44 pm

A device engineered to pinch and cut your finger. It enhances the shooting experience.
1 x
Remember, it's not how many guns you have. It's how many bullets you have.

GFK
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by GFK » Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:09 pm

Henry88 wrote:BTW guys, if you want to see what complaints REALLY look like, be my guest....................

http://www.marlinowners.com/forum/marlin-rant-forum/
Yeah. This thread has been nice compare to Marlin's. But, I think the owner and managers of Henry will attempt to address any concerns in short order. The key is to inform them of the concerns. Yet as JEBar mentioned, people vote with their money. If a product is not good, it will not be around for long. So, our feedback helps and gives Henry an opportunity to be around for more years to come. Maybe, we are part of the quality control team? Just a thought.
Last edited by GFK on Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
1 x
Actions speak louder than words (Matthew 7:16-20).

RanchRoper
Forum Ambassador
Canada

Post by RanchRoper » Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:44 pm

Communication is key. HRA can't help if they don't know about it. Mr. Imperato would not put his personal commitment to customer satisfaction in writing if he did not want to make sure that your first Henry was not your last. As I've said before, if not for the Canadian price of a Henry Original 1860; I'd be packing one on my saddle and I'm sure it would be a shooter.

Thanks all for keeping this discussion productive. Good meat and potatoes here for anyone at HRA who sees it, and they do come on the forum from time to time.
2 x
1860 Colt SA Richards Conversion Revolver .45C
1860 Henry .45C
1885 High Wall .45C
1820-1840 Frontier Percussion .50
1790-1820 Frontier Flintlock .50

Ohkínohkomit - Shoot skillfully

Yornoc3
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by Yornoc3 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:47 pm

A good thought. We as the buyers of Henry's products surely should offer comments and criticism where we find issues. At the same time, our expectations have to be realistic. As Jebar said, we're talking about a mass produced product that, thanks to CNC and other "robotic" production, can be put into our hands for a surprisingly low price for what we get - unless we find a lemon. That's when the rubber hits the road, on customer service.
The most accurate rifle I own, by far, is a stainless Tikka T3 .270. Built by robots, I doubt if a person did much more than attach the polymer stock to the action, yet that rifle offers performance that would have required custom gunsmithing 40 years ago, and a lot more money ;) .
1 x

JNG3
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by JNG3 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:24 pm

Oh boy! There are some rabidly unhappy Marlin owners over there! Can't say I blame em though from the recently built examples I've seen on the shelves of the local ffls. That right there is what I don't want HRA to ever turn into.
2 x

GFK
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by GFK » Fri Jan 26, 2018 4:53 pm

Now, this could be an example lack of control:

http://www.marlinowners.com/forum/336/5 ... 336ss.html
0 x
Actions speak louder than words (Matthew 7:16-20).

Mistered
Drover
United States of America

Post by Mistered » Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:22 pm

Final last few years for Winchester weren’t pretty either (U.S Repeating Arms Winchester - not Miroku made Winchesters)
0 x

The Wiz
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by The Wiz » Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:06 pm

The Wiz wrote:I have been hesitant to express my opinion about Henry's customer service as a majority of the forum seems that it is to be excellent.

I have to say that I am a little under whelmed with it. I have been dealing via email with my problem and getting it resolved has been a real hassle. I knew is would be slower using email but I like a written record when dealing with any company. And it has been SLOW. Still waiting for a UPS label that was promised a week ago. It was to be sent via email. Nothing. Before that one email after another as the cs person would ask for more info one question at a time. Or he would ask for the same info twice. I believe I gave him the serial # three times. Gave him my return address twice. And then the shipping instructions.... You have to strip you rifle down to original condition, no scopes, no added sites, no decorations, no leather. Find a plain box with no logo to send it back, which I did, thanks to a tip from a forum member ( my gun shop ). On and on and on.

Ok, I done. I do agree though with what North Country Gal said. Concise and to the point. You are turning into my second favorite cheese head. :) :) My first? My lovely wife of 46 years. My own North Country Gal. :D
After waiting patiently for a return label via email for 9 days, I finally called to see what the hold up was. First I had to wait until everybody came back from lunch. Their customer service center closes completely for lunch. An answering service takes messages and they will call you back. :? I did not leave a message. I am very familiar with call centers and I have never heard of that practice.

Called later and got a rep. Coincidently, the same person I was dealing with via email. He was greatly surprised that I had not got one the same day he order it. He added that they had some problems with that soft ware program two weeks ago. He reordered it and I got it with in an hour. The rifle will be on its way tomorrow. Given an usual turn around of ten days this whole situation would have taken 40 days.... I really don't know what to say anymore about this. One thing more and I hope you will not hear anymore about this situation. If they knew they had a problem with return labels not going out why didn't they check and see if people got one. No, what they did was wait for people to call. Not proactive at all. I am a patient man and my patience cost me 9 days. In this case patience was not a virtue.
0 x
Vietnam, Cambodia, DMZ
101st Airborne, Recon. ( Where in the heck are we?)
25th Inf. Div.2/22 Inf. Reg.(mech.)
Sgt., U.S. Army, Sniper

S&W Model 67
Uberti 1851 Navy Conv.
Uberti 1873 Bisley
Henry .357 Carbine CCH
Henry SGR .22
Taurus 856