Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Plastic parts on Henry Levers ie; Long Ranger?

here is a place to discuss anything related to Henry
Sgt Recoil
Tenderfoot
Canada

Plastic parts on Henry Levers ie; Long Ranger?

Post by Sgt Recoil » Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:16 am

Hey all, On another forum I visit a member said he’d never buy a Henry lever because they use plastic parts. The only plastic part I can recall is or was the front sight/barrel clamp on the .22 H001.
Does Henry use any plastics on their centerfire levers such as the Lone Ranger or Big Boys?
0 x
H010 45/70, Henry brass H009B 30/30,Henry steel H009 30/30 w/ peep sight, Henry G.B. H004 22LR, Winchester model 88/308, Win '94 30/30; Win '94 Trapper 30/30 and a Winchester 1894 Alberta Diamond Jubilee Commemorative in 38/55.

Squatch
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Re: Plastic parts on Henry Levers ie; Long Ranger?

Post by Squatch » Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:41 am

You're spending time on the wrong forums. Henry doesn't even use plastic stocks on anything except the AR7 survival rifle.

Way too many silly folks on the web that just have too many excuses to not enjoy a fine rifle that's made in the USA.

Typical excuses: Plastic parts, pot metal receivers, no loading gate. I'm sure there are more.

In the mean time Henry is having trouble keeping up with demand while other company's are having a hard time keeping the doors open.

Same person that said that probably has 6 polymer striker fired pistols and 3 AR15's with plastic parts! :lol: :lol:
6 x
Any load data discussed by me is for entertainment purposes only. I can not condone or be responsible for it's use by others.

Ojaileveraction
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by Ojaileveraction » Sat Dec 30, 2017 12:24 pm

Squatch wrote:You're spending time on the wrong forums. Henry doesn't even use plastic stocks on anything except the AR7 survival rifle.

Way too many silly folks on the web that just have too many excuses to not enjoy a fine rifle that's made in the USA.

Typical excuses: Plastic parts, pot metal receivers, no loading gate. I'm sure there are more.
Latest I've read is, "They are to pretty to take hunting. "
1 x
Pax at Justitia

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by Sir Henry » Sat Dec 30, 2017 1:04 pm

My only complaint about the plastic front slight/tube band was that it could not be modified to a dovetail to accept a globe sight. But a quick call to HRA and a metal one was on its way which I sent to Skinner to be modified. My new avatar wears a globe sight because HRA made a change to metal.

I just noticed I called it barrel band in the avatar.
1 x
Hi, my name is Gene and I'm a Henryholic from Wisconsin.

Range Reporter: Henry Repeater

BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Post by BigAl52 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 1:24 pm

Squatch pretty well summed it up in his post. So many ridiculous things have been said about the reason not to buy a Henry. One guy on another forum started a thread about the load gate issue and had a question with 4 different answers that he was going to submit to Henry. It was basically telling Henry to change there guns to include a loading gate so more guns would be sold. I told him is was a ridiculous poll and would not make enough difference for them to change there guns. Like was mentioned Henry is having trouble keeping up and others are closing the doors. There isnt any plastic on the 8 Henrys I own and I would buy 8 more tomorrow. Al
0 x
Don't worry about getting older and still doing stupid stuff. You'll do the stupid stuff as always, only much slower. Hold my beer and watch this.......

H001T .22LR
H001T .22LR MONUMENT VALLEY
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55

Mistered
Drover
United States of America

Post by Mistered » Sat Dec 30, 2017 2:09 pm

So many ridiculous things have been said about the reason not to buy a Henry.
One of the best reasons for a 'dedicated' Henry forum - a departure from all the BS about them!
Most of the negative attitudes about the tube feed issue are from people on other forums who most likely do not own a Henry (or any lever gun) and are so 'bent' on rationalizing every thing about guns as defensive they have no real Idea as to why We even own Henry rifles to begin with. The standard objection to the tube feed (with this crowd) is 'you can't keep it topped off in a firefight' - and similar drivel. These are the same people who refer to their AR, AK etc as their 'main battle rifle'.
2 x

Yornoc3
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by Yornoc3 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 2:55 pm

The tube feed was why I bought a Henry 30-30 lever a couple of weeks ago (aside from the fact it was a screaming good deal on Clearance at Cabelas, an "old stock" NIB XS peep sights model), having to run all the cartridges through the action to unload was mostly why I sent my Marlin 45-70 down the road. And when I've shown friends the new single shot 45-70 that finally arrived, I've had to wipe the drool from it when I got it home ;) . Anyone who's actually handled a Henry should know better.
2 x

Mistered
Drover
United States of America

Post by Mistered » Sat Dec 30, 2017 3:02 pm

Latest I've read is, "They are to pretty to take hunting. "
I actually read on another forum, "I decided to sell my Big Boy because it was too pretty to own"
3 x

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Sat Dec 30, 2017 3:19 pm

Mistered wrote:"I decided to sell my Big Boy because it was too pretty to own"
OK .... a criticism I and understand ... :lol:
2 x

Ojaileveraction
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by Ojaileveraction » Sat Dec 30, 2017 4:40 pm

Smallbore Lever Action Silhouettt shooters are turning to Henry Rifles in a big way.
These are people that shoot thousands of rounds a year.
0 x
Pax at Justitia