Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Wood Lovers

here is a place to discuss anything related to Henry
Hitman
Cowhand
United States of America

Re: Wood Lovers

Post by Hitman » Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:03 pm

Dan from henry emailed me back and said he talked to the store manager and they are going to look a little closer and send me another set.
The forearm was beautiful but the stock only had a little figure at the bottom rear. Nothing like the pictures.
2 x
Henry H004 Golden Boy
Henry H006 Big Boy 44
Henry H010B 45-70
NRA Benefactor Member

Hitman
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by Hitman » Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:03 pm

Recieved the replacements today and they are beautiful. Very happy.
2 x
Henry H004 Golden Boy
Henry H006 Big Boy 44
Henry H010B 45-70
NRA Benefactor Member

britjunkie
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Post by britjunkie » Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:50 pm

I'm a total newby to the forum, but I just bought a Big Boy Brass and am not a fan of the Satin finish. I read a lot about what to do and found that Birchwood-Casey "stock sheen" and a terrycloth rag, plus some elbow grease put a beautiful finish on the wood. The wood is nothing fancy, but the finish now makes it look much better.
0 x

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:09 pm

britjunkie wrote:I'm a total newby to the forum, but I just bought a Big Boy Brass and am not a fan of the Satin finish. I read a lot about what to do and found that Birchwood-Casey "stock sheen" and a terrycloth rag, plus some elbow grease put a beautiful finish on the wood. The wood is nothing fancy, but the finish now makes it look much better.
first welcome to our community ... happy to have you join us .... please take a look at our How Many ? thread (link below) and add your Henry to our community total

http://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic.p ... 553#p54553
0 x

CT_Shooter
Administrator emeritus
United States of America

Post by CT_Shooter » Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:24 pm

britjunkie wrote:I'm a total newby to the forum, but I just bought a Big Boy Brass...
Welcome to the forum from CT, and congratulations on your new Henry. You're gonna love that rifle.
0 x
H006M Big Boy Brass .357 - H001 Classic .22LR - Uberti / Taylors & Co. SmokeWagon .357 5.5" - Uberti / Taylors & Co. RanchHand .22LR 5.5"

dave77
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by dave77 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:21 pm

britjunkie wrote:I'm a total newby to the forum, but I just bought a Big Boy Brass and am not a fan of the Satin finish. I read a lot about what to do and found that Birchwood-Casey "stock sheen" and a terrycloth rag, plus some elbow grease put a beautiful finish on the wood. The wood is nothing fancy, but the finish now makes it look much better.
Post a photo, I'd like to see how it compares to the factory finish.
0 x