Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Wood Lovers

here is a place to discuss anything related to Henry
BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Wood Lovers

Post by BigAl52 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:46 pm

I didnt know this till last night after watching the latest You Tube with Anthony but for all you wood lovers out there like me they do have upgraded wood sets for our Big Boys and some other models. I think the option to do this is kinda cool. There is also quite a but more new products on the Henry Pride part of there website. Take a look. I posted a link to the nice wood. Al

https://henrypride.com/collections/rifl ... h010b-only
2 x
Don't worry about getting older and still doing stupid stuff. You'll do the stupid stuff as always, only much slower. Hold my beer and watch this.......

H001T .22LR
H001T .22LR MONUMENT VALLEY
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Re: Wood Lovers

Post by JEBar » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:44 pm

pretty indeed .... too bad they don't offer them for models that come with recoil pads
0 x

Squatch
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by Squatch » Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:42 pm

Very nice. But a bit pricey just for looks. Kinda makes you wonder if now that they are selling these they might scrimp on pretty wood on stock rifles.

I'd be hard pressed to improve on the wood on my Golden Boy.
014 (Small).JPG
The Big boy and 45/70 are a little plainer but not bad. The Big Boy is covered by a leather stock cover and the 45/70 will probably be before spring.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2 x
Any load data discussed by me is for entertainment purposes only. I can not condone or be responsible for it's use by others.

BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Post by BigAl52 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:42 pm

Squatch wrote:Very nice. But a bit pricey just for looks. Kinda makes you wonder if now that they are selling these they might scrimp on pretty wood on stock rifles.

014 (Small).JPG

The Big boy and 45/70 are a little plainer but not bad. The Big Boy is covered by a leather stock cover and the 45/70 will probably be before spring.
Nice wood for sure. I have seen some like that on GB for sale from time to time. I wonder how they get out of Henry that way. But the new single shots and Long Rangers some of those have come out with great looking wood also. I agree that 250.00 is pricey to upgrade the wood. If a guy gets to nice of wood on the gun hes afraid to take it out and shoot it for fear of messing up the wood. Al
0 x
Don't worry about getting older and still doing stupid stuff. You'll do the stupid stuff as always, only much slower. Hold my beer and watch this.......

H001T .22LR
H001T .22LR MONUMENT VALLEY
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55

dave77
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by dave77 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:27 pm

Squatch wrote:Very nice. But a bit pricey just for looks. Kinda makes you wonder if now that they are selling these they might scrimp on pretty wood on stock rifles.

014 (Small).JPG

That's pretty! I assume you refinished the stock, it's a lot shinier than my BBB or Golden Boy photos on Henry's site.
0 x

Squatch
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by Squatch » Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:42 am

No refinish. Henry uses a poly type finish. I'm guess water based these days. No big deal to polish it to a gloss with automotive polishing compound. Like rubbing compound but finer. A few minutes rubbing with a damp cloth and then finish with a good coat of Johnson's Paste wax for furniture.

https://www.amazon.com/No7-White-Polish ... upont+no+7

https://www.amazon.com/Johnson-Fine-Woo ... +paste+wax

In the last online Q+A someone asked Anthony if they would make gloss wood and he said no. Lever actions should be satin finish.
0 x
Any load data discussed by me is for entertainment purposes only. I can not condone or be responsible for it's use by others.

Hitman
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by Hitman » Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:57 pm

I ordered a set for my brass 45/70 they came today and dont look nothing like the ones advertised.
Very little figure, very dissapointed.
The old bait and switch.
Sending them back.
0 x
Henry H004 Golden Boy
Henry H006 Big Boy 44
Henry H010B 45-70
NRA Benefactor Member

CT_Shooter
Administrator emeritus
United States of America

Post by CT_Shooter » Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:33 pm

Hitman wrote:I ordered a set for my brass 45/70 they came today and dont look nothing like the ones advertised.
Very little figure, very dissapointed.
The old bait and switch.
Sending them back.
This is a disappointing report. How does the "special order wood" compare to the original? Can you post some pictures for us? Thanks.
0 x
H006M Big Boy Brass .357 - H001 Classic .22LR - Uberti / Taylors & Co. SmokeWagon .357 5.5" - Uberti / Taylors & Co. RanchHand .22LR 5.5"

Hitman
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by Hitman » Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:37 pm

Cant post pics but squatches wood on his 22 looks a whole lot better.
Emailed henry to see if they can pick me out a nice set haven't heard back yet.
They told me that was an advertizing photo in the add .
0 x
Henry H004 Golden Boy
Henry H006 Big Boy 44
Henry H010B 45-70
NRA Benefactor Member

Conax
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by Conax » Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:12 pm

My BBS came with plain, boring grain. Dull.
I looked into this upgraded furniture but there isn't any for my rifle.
No big deal. Just not as nice as most Henrys.
0 x