my next Henry ?

here is a place to discuss anything related to Henry
JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

my next Henry ?

Post by JEBar » Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:50 pm

WHAT HENRY RIFLE(S) ARE YOU CONSIDERING PURCHASING DOWN THE LINE :?:

I have no plans to purchase another Henry any time soon .... fully realizing my absolute and final plan are subject to change at any second, I've been considering what I'd probably purchase next .... here again with the subject to change at any second proviso firmly in play, here's my current list :

Top Choice ... a H012MAW 357 stainless .... if that purchase was to take place, it would soon be followed by a Ruget SP101 357

Second ... a H012MR327 327 carbine .... I must admit that reading the growing number of positive reports about the 327 has me intrigued .... its not a caliber I'm familiar with .... the only use I can think of for a 327 is to play with .... historically, that's been sufficient reason for me

Third .... a H002B AR-7 22 .... no need for one but they do intrigue me

Lastly, in the I'd really like to have one but they don't make one in a caliber I'd buy, a Long Ranger .... one in 308 would be the only caliber I'd have any interest in whatsoever .... already owning a 308 BLR puts it out of consideration .... if they ever add calibers, I'd most certainly take a close look
0 x

CT_Shooter
Administrator emeritus
United States of America

Re: my next Henry ?

Post by CT_Shooter » Thu Nov 23, 2017 6:26 pm

If I continue to improve from hip replacement surgery well enough to demonstrate that I can walk into and out of the woods in order to try my hand at hunting, I've got a SGC in WMR and a Single shot 20 gauge shotgun in my very near future. The shotgun will be used for Turkey and the SGC WMR will be used for Coyote (which I would be thrilled to hunt simply to reduce the population). But first, I'll attempt Squirrel hunting with my H001. If, after that, I determine that I'm not up to the rigors of hunting, well... my H001 and H006M will very likely become my entire Henry collection and all of my shooting will be confined to a shooting range.
1 x
H006M Big Boy Brass .357 - H001 Classic .22LR - Uberti / Taylors & Co. SmokeWagon .357 5.5" - Uberti / Taylors & Co. RanchHand .22LR 5.5"

Abnermal
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by Abnermal » Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:05 pm

Most likely a .44 magnum lever action.
0 x
I can remember saying I'd never own a GLOCK,never own an AR15 and never get married. I found out that never is a long,long time!

sledman
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Post by sledman » Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:50 pm

Big Boy Steel All Weather Carbine in 38/357 mag as soon as Henry sees fit to produce it.
1 x

Henry88
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by Henry88 » Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:54 pm

I'm not hunting this year, don't know if that is permanent, so I don't need another centerfire rifle.

I don't collect things, so I only buy something when there's a legit need.

I pretty much have all the airguns and rimfire rifles I need.

One gun I would like to pickup is an accurate rimfire pistol. After using every kind of nail polish color/combination on the front/rear sites, and different reading glasses for years, I have finally decided I CAN"T STAND the sites on my Heritage Rough rider. :evil:

Was considering a ruger revolver (single6/10), but right now leaning towards the Browning Buckmark.
0 x

BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Post by BigAl52 » Fri Nov 24, 2017 1:08 am

Was considering a ruger revolver (single6/10), but right now leaning towards the Browning Buckmark.[/quote]

I have the single six and I have owned the buckmark. The buckmark was good but I like the new Mark IV Ruger 22/45 ultra light with a burris fastfire mounted on top. Its a hoot to shoot and the red dot makes it really fun. Just thought Id pass that along.

Im waiting to see if Henry comes with a 38-55 in a CCH. I have thought about a single shot but just dont really need one as Im just really more into the levers. Also thought about a BBB in 41 mag carbine as I really like the way the carbines handle. Al
0 x
Don't worry about getting older and still doing stupid stuff. You'll do the stupid stuff as always, only much slower. Hold my beer and watch this.......

H001T .22LR
H001T .22LR MONUMENT VALLEY
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55

daytime dave
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by daytime dave » Fri Nov 24, 2017 7:45 am

I was planning to make my next Henry purchase an 1860 Original in .45 Colt. I will be putting that on hold for some time. I am saving as much money as I can for our next life adventure.

Last month, I did rescue a Henry from the used rifle rack. It is honestly, the ONLY used Henry I have ever seen for sale in a shop. That is some testament to Henry I think. If I get a chance this weekend, I'll share it. It's only issue that is visible is a banged up front stock. A shame, but a rescue is a rescue.
2 x
Some days I'm Andy, most days I'm Barney........
Eaglescout, NRA Life Endowment member, BCCI Life Member

mlrifleNY
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by mlrifleNY » Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:23 am

I am also looking at getting an 1860 henry after the new year. It will also be in 45cal. I will have to drive into Penn. to buy it because NYS doesn't like the 13 shot tube it has. That's a no no here. My sun in-laws brother is a state police and doesn't think anyone will brother me with it.

Jim
0 x
Henry BBB 44mag
Henry 1860
Henry 45/70 Brass

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by Sir Henry » Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:41 am

I don't think I'll be buying any firearms soon as I have too many already. Plus I'm having too much fun breaking Christmas lights.
1 x
Hi, my name is Gene and I'm a Henryholic from Wisconsin.

Range Reporter: Henry Repeater

NoFlyZone
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by NoFlyZone » Fri Nov 24, 2017 2:16 pm

Lets see... I have 2 more Henry's on my current want list (subject to change at any moment).
1) HO15-223 Single shot in .223
2) H004 (M) Golden Boy. Can't decide if I want in 22lr or 22Mag? I don't have any 22mag Henry's.
0 x