Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Stuff Henry ought to be making.

here is a place to discuss anything related to Henry
Travlin
Cowboy

Re: What Firearms Would You Like To See Henry Make?

Post by Travlin » Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:02 pm

Ditto, re .35 Rem. H.R.A. could just chamber the Long Ranger in .358 Win. and be done with it. They have a .308 so just a .358 barrel and good to go.
0 x

Mr.RoC
Tenderfoot
Canada

Post by Mr.RoC » Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:28 pm

I'd love it if Henry produced a 16" barrel 45-70, similar to the M@rl@n 1895 STP.
0 x

SingleAction357
Cowhand
United States of America

Stuff Henry ought to be making.

Post by SingleAction357 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:12 pm

So, here's a thread for posting ideas about guns Henry should make. I had a few big ideas myself, number one being that they should mares leg the .327 and .41 mag big boys and they should mares leg the all steel big boys. They should also mod up the single shot rifle into revolver calibers and make it a pistol. Anybody else have ideas for Henry?
0 x

SingleAction357
Cowhand
United States of America

Re: Stuff Henry ought to be making.

Post by SingleAction357 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:17 pm

I also think they should pistol grip the .410 lever gun, would make a handy dandy snake charmer here in the southwest.
0 x

SingleAction357
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by SingleAction357 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:42 pm

Ooops, didn't see the other post regarding this topic.
0 x

SingleAction357
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by SingleAction357 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:47 pm

They should mares leg the .327 and .41 mag big boys and they should mares leg the all steel big boys. Quite honestly they should mares leg some of the rifle calibers too, the long ranger in .223 with irons would be a sweet mares leg with detachable box mags. They should also mod up the single shot rifle into revolver calibers and make it a pistol, this would be a nifty handgun hunters weapon. It would also be cool to see a .410 pistol grip lever gun, would make a lovely pack and snake weapon and they can make a non NFA one as short as legally possible. The best things about the designs I purposed is that they can all be created with parts already at the factory.
0 x

SingleAction357
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by SingleAction357 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:51 pm

SingleAction357 wrote:They should mares leg the .327 and .41 mag big boys and they should mares leg the all steel big boys. Quite honestly they should mares leg some of the rifle calibers too, the long ranger in .223 with irons would be a sweet mares leg with detachable box mags. They should also mod up the single shot rifle into revolver calibers and make it a pistol, this would be a nifty handgun hunters weapon. It would also be cool to see a .410 pistol grip lever gun, would make a lovely pack and snake weapon and they can make a non NFA one as short as legally possible. The best things about the designs I purposed is that they can all be created with parts already at the factory.

They could fit the single shot pistol with an H&R handi gun type stock. This would allow them to keep using their rifle actions just chambering them for revolver and light rifle calibers. Keep the forward mounted irons and drilled and tapped area for a weaver and you're optic ready with back up sights.

Here's a good example of the stock design.
0 x

SingleAction357
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by SingleAction357 » Sat Oct 07, 2017 2:33 am

SingleAction357 wrote:
SingleAction357 wrote:They should mares leg the .327 and .41 mag big boys and they should mares leg the all steel big boys. Quite honestly they should mares leg some of the rifle calibers too, the long ranger in .223 with irons would be a sweet mares leg with detachable box mags. They should also mod up the single shot rifle into revolver calibers and make it a pistol, this would be a nifty handgun hunters weapon. It would also be cool to see a .410 pistol grip lever gun, would make a lovely pack and snake weapon and they can make a non NFA one as short as legally possible. The best things about the designs I purposed is that they can all be created with parts already at the factory.

They could fit the single shot pistol with an H&R handi gun type stock. This would allow them to keep using their rifle actions just chambering them for revolver and light rifle calibers. Keep the forward mounted irons and drilled and tapped area for a weaver and you're optic ready with back up sights.

Here's a good example of the stock design.

Alternatively they could offer pistols with a kimel kamper type stock.

Or heck, they could do both! No new tooling or anything, come on Henry, pretty please!
0 x

SingleAction357
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by SingleAction357 » Sat Nov 11, 2017 4:00 am

Do this to your .410 lever gun.

0 x

Danwin22
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by Danwin22 » Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:28 am

I would love to see reproductions of Winchester .22 rifles such as the model-63 semi-auto and the model 61 & 62 pumps.

I have a Rossi Model-62 retro that is an absolute delight to carry and shoot but the wood is not as pretty as the Henry guns.

Maybe Henry could make replacement stocks for other makes.
0 x
USAF 1958-62, NRA Member, CWP