Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Lefties with Henry's - how do you find it?

here is a place to discuss anything related to Henry
Squatch
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Re: Lefties with Henry's - how do you find it?

Post by Squatch » Sun Apr 16, 2017 1:25 pm

I'm not a Lefty but due to eye sight I shoot left handed. The Henry's are great. No issues with brass ejection. I wish I could say the same about a lot of semi auto 22's. Some throw not only brass but hot powder crumbs in your eyes.

My Big Boy 44 mag with left handed stock cover.
0 x
Any load data discussed by me is for entertainment purposes only. I can not condone or be responsible for it's use by others.

Lefty
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Post by Lefty » Sun Apr 16, 2017 6:10 pm

Thank you to all who have replied so far, makes me feel much better about the purchase and taking this to the range, will provide my own experience with the .45 Big Boy shortly.
1 x

LeverLover
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Post by LeverLover » Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:31 am

Shooting any weapon left handed, pistol or rifle, you have the advantage of seeing into the chamber. As long as the brass doesn't hit you you are fine. The Henry is an ambi design because it is not shouldered during loading. These are some reasons I bought mine.
0 x

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:41 am

LeverLover wrote:Shooting any weapon left handed, pistol or rifle, you have the advantage of seeing into the chamber. As long as the brass doesn't hit you you are fine. The Henry is an ambi design because it is not shouldered during loading. These are some reasons I bought mine.
good points .... happy to have you join our forum .... I'm not a lefty so I don't have a pony in this race .... I have both tube and side gate feeders and I do like them both .... if I had to pick only one, I'd go with the tube fed design .... please take a look at our How Many ? thread (link below) and add yours to our community total

http://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic.p ... 725#p43725
0 x

Nitetrain40
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Post by Nitetrain40 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:20 am

A,little late to the post, but I just got my 1st lever, as a lefty I love it. Pretty much lefties have to adapt to what the gun manufactures provide. I practice both left andcriggt hand gun shooting, and I have to say, I am quicker releasing my slide on my glock, with my index finger, than trying to shoot right handed and using the standard controls! My friends watch me load my glock, release the slide with my index finger and drop the mag with the,same finger. All about adapting to what you have
1 x

junglecrawler
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Post by junglecrawler » Wed Dec 27, 2017 4:38 pm

I'm a Lefty and my new H006C Big Boy 45 colt is as safe as it can be with absolutely no concerns for myself !!!
0 x

dngnmn
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Post by dngnmn » Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:46 pm

I'm a lefty. I've always shot right hand guns. Never bothered me.
0 x