Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Re: Strange Experience Today At The Range

Post by Mags » Thu Dec 07, 2023 10:13 pm

HenryFan wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2023 6:34 am
Mags -

Do you use a Golden Rod or the equivalent? Silica gel packs?

I use both since it is so humid most of the time in South Carolina.
I have a big bag of the Silica gel packs. I have 4 packs (softball size) at a time on the floor of the gun safe. The big bag of them came with microwave instructions for rejuvenating the packs. Then there is remembering to rotate the packs out. On more than one occasion I've found a few little green whiskers growing at the muzzle of a gun. So I didn't oil the bore or change out the packs often enough :oops:
1 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234

HenryFan
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by HenryFan » Thu Dec 07, 2023 10:34 pm

Mags - Consider adding a Golden Rod.
0 x

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Fri Dec 08, 2023 1:03 am

HenryFan wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2023 10:34 pm
Mags - Consider adding a Golden Rod.
Ya probably, thanks for that. Have to figure out how to get an electrical connection inside the safe.
0 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234

HenryFan
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by HenryFan » Fri Dec 08, 2023 7:36 am

I recall that when I bought my safe some years back, one of the crew that delivered the safe punched out a plug in the back wall of the safe. The Golden Road cord ran thru' that hole.

Might be bothersome but pull everything out of the safe and see if there is a plug that can be punched out for Golden Road cord access. If not, a drill?

Good Luck.
0 x

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Fri Dec 08, 2023 12:39 pm

HenryFan wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2023 7:36 am
I recall that when I bought my safe some years back, one of the crew that delivered the safe punched out a plug in the back wall of the safe. The Golden Road cord ran thru' that hole.

Might be bothersome but pull everything out of the safe and see if there is a plug that can be punched out for Golden Road cord access. If not, a drill?

Good Luck.
Thanks.

No knockouts in the back of mine. There are/were knockouts in the bottom where it is bolted to the concrete floor. Looks like I would need to drill a hole in the back or side.
0 x

HenryFan
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by HenryFan » Fri Dec 08, 2023 2:48 pm

If you do drill thru' a safe wall, think of some way to seal up the hole once the power cord goes into the safe. I would worry about critters, spiders and other insects going in thru' a hole.

I don't think the Golden Rod I have is actually a Golden Rod but rather, I think it is a imitation. In any event, it has lasted almost twenty years. I have read that Golden Rod users get a long life out of the device.
0 x