Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Prices are nuts

here is a place to discuss anything related to Henry
Jerrysea
Wrangler
United States of America

Re: Prices are nuts

Post by Jerrysea » Wed Mar 03, 2021 6:40 pm

From news reports Guns are selling at a high volume. Biggest Feb.. Going to be a long time before the market comes back to normal. May not be the normal we hope for.
1 x

fortyshooter
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by fortyshooter » Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:34 pm

I take a look over at Buds Guns and they don't seem to have much in stock for lever rifles and revolvers.
0 x

GFK
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by GFK » Thu Mar 04, 2021 3:56 pm

In the shop that I frequent, I did not see any revolvers. But, I did see lots of pistols, shotguns and rifles (a few where lever action). However, I think that I am good for now. Just waiting for a nice day off. As far as prices, the firearms did not seen too bad, I purchase a Benelli Nova last week at $450 (full retail: first that I can recall). Yet, some ammo seems to be very high at some places, if even available. With guns sells rising, norm may include more regulations. Then, maybe not. Things may settle out to a dull roar.
0 x
Actions speak louder than words (Matthew 7:16-20).

CT_Shooter
Administrator emeritus
United States of America

Post by CT_Shooter » Thu Mar 04, 2021 5:05 pm

I had planned on buying a Colt King Cobra DA/SA revolver this Spring with my expected IRS refund, but (as you may remember) I decided to buy it in November because it was available at Buds and I was concerned that if I waited, I might not be able to find one. So far, it looks like that was a smart decision.

It's a beautiful gun and I'm really looking forward to actually shooting it.

The holster was a gift from our old friend, PT7, who no longer owns the Ruger LCR .38 he carried in it. I'm glad to have it, though I've never carried a gun and it's unlikely that I will, but you know; never say never.

KC800x600.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
4 x
H006M Big Boy Brass .357 - H001 Classic .22LR - Uberti / Taylors & Co. SmokeWagon .357 5.5" - Uberti / Taylors & Co. RanchHand .22LR 5.5"

markiver54
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by markiver54 » Thu Mar 04, 2021 5:16 pm

Very nice Stan. I think you made a good decision!
0 x
I'm your Huckleberry

Grunt67
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by Grunt67 » Thu Mar 04, 2021 5:46 pm

The only way to avoid these rooftop prices, on, whatever, is don't buy unless it's essential. If it were me, I'd go to my LGS, check his price to order one, if good enough, order it then wait. That may take a while, the alternative as we all know is pull your wallet thru your nose & pony up.
It's not a rosy picture, but it is what it is, it's not going away any time soon.
Luckily, I bought my H010 45/70 a year ago, just under the wire.
1 x
I rarely ever buy a rifle, but when I do, it's a Henry.

"Every day above ground, is a good day" ( Al Capone )

Rifletom
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by Rifletom » Thu Mar 04, 2021 6:24 pm

Grunt67 wrote:
Thu Mar 04, 2021 5:46 pm
The only way to avoid these rooftop prices, on, whatever, is don't buy unless it's essential. If it were me, I'd go to my LGS, check his price to order one, if good enough, order it then wait. That may take a while, the alternative as we all know is pull your wallet thru your nose & pony up.
It's not a rosy picture, but it is what it is, it's not going away any time soon.
Luckily, I bought my H010 45/70 a year ago, just under the wire.
Roger that Grunt. My last purchase, my Uberti/Taylor's .45 Colt revolver last Fall was still regularly priced. Now, you can't find them.
1 x

GFK
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by GFK » Thu Mar 04, 2021 6:38 pm

It does look nice CT! And, I agree. Availability makes a big difference. What good is it to have money to buy something, but that something is not available, or at the price you would like to pay? I will draw the line. But, I have probably been looking for a shotgun since 2019 or so. The price was about $50 more than I wanted to pay. Plus, it was a model offered by one of our corporate members for raffle, we got about $700 for a gun that did generally sells for around $400 (the corporate member is a Benelli service center). So, I figured that it could not be too bad. I considered the other $50 as a transfer fee, which I typically have to pay with an online purchase. In the end, I got what seems to be a solid firearm at an acceptable price, which is probably relative. And, access to a service center is a club meeting away.
1 x
Actions speak louder than words (Matthew 7:16-20).

JVogler
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by JVogler » Fri Mar 05, 2021 2:16 pm

I saw on gun broker a stock Golden Boy go for $1700 highest bid. That is out of my league. My older brother called yesterday that he just picked up a 357 Big Boy Brass for around $850 before taxes and fees. Also 2 boxes of 357 ammo, he didn't say what that cost. Hoping to get to outdoor range next week with a few buddies and try out some new purchases.
1 x

fortyshooter
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by fortyshooter » Fri Mar 05, 2021 3:40 pm

Glad I bought my Henrys before things went crazy!
1 x