Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Finally Shipped My Single Shots Back to the Mother Ship

here is a place to discuss anything related to Henry
ESquared
Deputy Administrator
United States of America

Finally Shipped My Single Shots Back to the Mother Ship

Post by ESquared » Sun Jan 10, 2021 9:39 am

Getting my Single Shots (see below) from the back burner to the front burner obviously took me a while, but they're finally on their way back to Rice Lake. HRA sent me a big, long box with 5 smaller boxes inside (one shotgun length, the other four rifle-sized), even though I only had three to return for service.

I've been hearing/reading about 2-3 week turnaround time. Is that still right? Anything else to watch out for?
0 x
BB Steel .357 | SGC 22LR | LR .308 | CCH 30-30 | BB Brass .45 Colt (Carbine) | Single Shot 20 gauge | Single Shot .223 | Single Shot 357

BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Re: Finally Shipped My Single Shots Back to the Mother Ship

Post by BigAl52 » Sun Jan 10, 2021 9:46 am

That’s about what length of time it took for mine. I think you will like what you get back. I sure do like mine a whole lot better than before
0 x
Don't worry about getting older and still doing stupid stuff. You'll do the stupid stuff as always, only much slower. Hold my beer and watch this.......

H001T .22LR
H001T .22LR MONUMENT VALLEY
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55

Yornoc3
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by Yornoc3 » Sun Jan 10, 2021 12:06 pm

I'm on the same page as ESquared with mine. The big box of Henry boxes arrived a bit before Christmas, so I decided to wait 'til the seasonal rush was over, and Henry reopened from their Holiday break. Since I live pretty close to Rice Lake, and often go there to shop, I'm planning to drop mine off at the UPS Store there, so they can walk them across the street to the Henry facility (not quite that close, but it's not far ;) ) I should get 'er done late this week.
2 x

ESquared
Deputy Administrator
United States of America

Post by ESquared » Sun Jan 10, 2021 5:11 pm

Keep us posted, Yornoc, on how it turns out for you. Not my first return trip to HRA, but sending three at once was a bit unnerving.
0 x
BB Steel .357 | SGC 22LR | LR .308 | CCH 30-30 | BB Brass .45 Colt (Carbine) | Single Shot 20 gauge | Single Shot .223 | Single Shot 357

wolfman
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by wolfman » Sun Jan 10, 2021 5:28 pm

Agree with BigAl52, you're likely to be very happy with what you get back. My first one (10th .357 Mag off the line) had a bear of a trigger, but came back just over 4 lbs. It's since been repossessed by my daughter in law. The one I got recently, made post-recall, is flat out excellent... ~3.5 lbs & could not be more crisp.
2 x

Yornoc3
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by Yornoc3 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:47 pm

I will do that , ESquared. I just removed the scopes, bases and hammer spurs from the four I'm sending in (one is my son-in-laws). My early 45-70 came with a good trigger right out of the box, I'll put a post-it note on that one saying it's pretty good, as long as it's safe. The other three can use the upgrade for sure. I'm booked up the rest of this week with a meeting and maybe a snow storm ;) , probably get 'em down there early next week.
0 x