Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Loadingtube lock changes to Henry Big Boy when?

here is a place to discuss anything related to Henry
ruhler
Cowhand
Sweden

Loadingtube lock changes to Henry Big Boy when?

Post by ruhler » Tue Jan 05, 2021 3:42 am

Just a little curious, on my Henry Big Boy Allweather the loadingtube has the lock upwards into the ring that holds the tube into the barrel with a dovetail in the front, and on some other Henrys I see that the lock is just in the tube downwards. Anyone know when this changed and if there was more changes made? Ive seen posts on the loadingtube broke so I guess Henry adressed the issue with this solution it seems alot more durable.
1 x

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Re: Loadingtube lock changes to Henry Big Boy when?

Post by JEBar » Tue Jan 05, 2021 10:37 am

Back in December of 2018 the loading tube lock (see pictures below) on our Henry BBS 44 Mag failed .... sent it back to the factory and they repaired it by installing the same type of tube .... I've noticed that since then they have changed the locking end of the loading tube .... my best guess is the change took place sometime after Jan 2019 .... should ours ever fail again and we send it back, they could use the OEM barrel and install a bit shorter tube with the more robust locking end ... or, they would have to install a new barrel to use the current OEM locking tube .... don't know that I'll ever find out because I sure hope ours never has another such failure
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
1 x

ruhler
Cowhand
Sweden

Re: Loadingtube lock changes to Henry Big Boy when?

Post by ruhler » Thu Jan 07, 2021 2:15 am

I bought my Henry Allweather 44mag in November 2017, I guess it may be manufactured around summer 2017 because of shippingtime and such to Europe. When I look at youtube and images on Internet it seems like when the model was released it had that "older" loadingtube but its probably was changed during the first half of 2017 and since Allweather haven been in production so long so they didnt have so many in stock so they change was early while the older models had alot more parts in stock.
0 x