Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

OK Henry...here's a hole in the market that could be filled!

here is a place to discuss anything related to Henry
fortyshooter
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Re: OK Henry...here's a hole in the market that could be filled!

Post by fortyshooter » Tue Nov 10, 2020 5:12 pm

You lucky Canadians can buy a SBR right off the shelf!! That looks like a great gun for that price! I have the 20 ga. Shockwave.

Here you go...https://youtu.be/m_pXTItRtkc
0 x

roddy
Cowhand
Canada

Post by roddy » Wed Nov 11, 2020 6:57 am

fortyshooter wrote:
Mon Nov 09, 2020 9:40 am
Had never heard of these .357 and .44 Mag pump rifles when they were built. Very cool!
https://youtu.be/FT1MQze07wI
These were built by Israel Military Industries (now IWI), and imported by Action Arms and Springfield. They were originally designed for law enforcement at a time when many forces were still using .357/.38 Spl revolvers. They were intended as a trunk/riot gun that would use the same ammo as the 'current' handguns. Unfortunately, by the time they made it to market, many forces had changed to 9mm and .40 cal semi-auto pistols.

Needless to say, they didn't sell well. It's a shame...they're a really slick little rifle, and scarce as hen's teeth. I have the only 2 I've ever seen in person. Both of mine are Springfield versions.
Timber Wolves.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
0 x

Redthies
Cowboy
Canada

Post by Redthies » Thu Nov 12, 2020 11:04 pm

John E Davies wrote:
Tue Nov 10, 2020 3:47 pm
Buckshot is worthless on a large bear. I would not suggest shooting heavy slugs out of that 12” barrel, it would blow your ears right off your head.I think that shorty with mini slugs would be cool, if you were actually allowed to use it for self defense in your home...

John Davies
Spokane WA
I’m going to beg to differ. Even if you get two shots off, that’s 18 .33 caliber lead balls going at 1500 FPS. Put two of those into the face of a bear and it will be discouraged to say the least.
0 x
SGC .22 LR Stripped and oiled up
BBSC .357 w Skinner Express & Patridge
BBSC .44 Magnum with Skinners
Marlin 1895GS .45-70 w RPP Cloverleaf
Marlin 336BL .30-30 w Skinner LoPro 2 and Sig 2-7x
1912 Winchester 1894 .30 WCF