Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Hammer Expander

here is a place to discuss anything related to Henry
Cleveraction
Wrangler
United States of America

Hammer Expander

Post by Cleveraction » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:49 pm

Hey all! Looking at hammer expanders (yes, fun for all!) and the ambi from Carson's is 11 bucks from Henry. Seems fair, but shipping is another 17 bucks for an item that weighs less than an ounce. I have a call in to see if they can mail it usps.

Anyway, I ordered one from somewhere else. While it looks the same there is "Carlson's" stamped on it--which I can live with--but under that it is stamped "www.choketubes.com" and I don't think I can put some dorky advertising on the gun, particularly in a place I am going to be looking all the time. I would open it if I new if it was a sticker or something I can scrape off; does anyone have experience with this? Might just have to suck it up and pay the shipping. If I am going to pay the shipping is there anything else I should throw in my cart?

Thanks,
CA
0 x
Conservation is a state of harmony between men and land.
~Aldo Leopold

Grunt67
Cowboy
United States of America

Re: Hammer Expander

Post by Grunt67 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:30 pm

Carlsons is well known for choke tubes. That's probably why. I bought my hammer extender from Grovtec. $9.99 + $5 shipping. Total
$14.99. It fits & works fine, no movement or working loose. Pretty much a necessity if you using a scope. Also, makes it a bit easier to remove the bolt when cleaning.
1 x
I rarely ever buy a rifle, but when I do, it's a Henry.

"Every day above ground, is a good day" ( Al Capone )

markiver54
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by markiver54 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 11:29 am

20181201_111131.jpg
I have the Grovetec as well. Good product!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
1 x
I'm your Huckleberry

Oksrt
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by Oksrt » Thu Jan 21, 2021 7:50 pm

I have also use Ranger point precision extensions.
0 x
I love all God's creatures, some are better with gravy.

Yornoc3
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by Yornoc3 » Fri Jan 22, 2021 2:33 pm

I have the Carlsons, and like them. Originally, they were an alloy, and light, which I thought would be an advantage over heavier steel. Until one bent. Henry replaced it with the "upgraded" steel version, but it's not as light, so I may go to a Grovetec (already have one) when I replace my other Carlsons alloy version when my H015 45-70 is returned from its recall. That one seemed to be loose when I took it off to send in the rifle, I suspect it's bending, too. The steel version is no doubt more stout.
0 x