here is a place to discuss anything related to Henry
wingnut
Cowhand
United States of America

Re: Opinions....

Post by wingnut » Sat Aug 24, 2019 8:47 pm

Mistered wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:20 am
I read through it and, frankly, I find threads like that to be totally wearying and of almost no value.
Well, the thread started out with a rational and reasonable question but drifted rather quickly....
249-badlanding.jpg

Told you I had reasons for leaving that board years ago. My demise was over posting a picture of a well endowed women in a FULL 1 piece bathing suit. Not the typical:
45vs9mm.gif

YMMV!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2 x
You're born & you die. In between you get to shoot a bunch guns. Kind of sums up life to me. - Colorado Bob

Mistered
Drover
United States of America

Post by Mistered » Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:54 pm

Told you I had reasons for leaving that board
Oh, I've Been on NWFA for a long time and have gotten to know a few of the members on a personal basis.
I am not as active on it as I used to be and it's changed a lot in the last few years. I tend to read more than post but I really wanted to know what the guys issue was with Henry but he still hasn't answered so it's a dead issue.
0 x

ESquared
Deputy Administrator
United States of America

Post by ESquared » Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:12 am

Not surprising, is it? Challenge a troll and he usually scurries back into his troll hole...
1 x
BB Steel .357 | SGC 22LR | LR .308 | CCH 30-30 | BB Brass .45 Colt (Carbine) | Single Shot 20 gauge | Single Shot .223 | Single Shot 357

Mistered
Drover
United States of America

Post by Mistered » Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:24 am

Oh I wouldn't call him a troll, he is a supporting member and seems to exhibet a 'self centered', 'one sided-ness' in his opinions of guns.
Normally I do not even post followups to messages like his but he has Beem so critical of Henry I felt a simple question was in store but i guess he is just 'too good' to answer.
0 x

Chucksolo1
Wrangler
United States of America

Post by Chucksolo1 » Sat Aug 31, 2019 3:11 pm

People who are "brand" fanboys are amusing as to why they feel like they do. I have had 3 Ruger 10/22s and they are fine guns! would I buy another? Definately not. Why, because EVERYONE has one so as to make them kinda mundane. Plus my 10/22s had all metal parts. Some of the parts are now plastic on those guns. I just happen to like guns not many people have at my local range. Even though a Ruger Vaquero is a fine, fine gun, I would not buy one. Why, because I like the classic "Colt" feel, like the four clicks and NO transfer bars on a SSA pistol. Opinions are legitimate if the person tells you the reasons they think something is junk. I love my Henry! Junk??? I don't think so!!
0 x

PatientWolf
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by PatientWolf » Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:35 am

There are also those who (wrongly) believe that making blanket disparaging statements makes them more of an expert.

I can understand someone not liking something if they have a reason, and as long as they have a reason, but I get weary of some posters on other forums who present their opinion as if it is fact not subject to challenge or needing to be backed up. I’m pretty sure we had to back up statements made in reports as early as 3rd grade on school.
2 x

North Country Gal
Firearms Advisor
United States of America

Post by North Country Gal » Sat Sep 14, 2019 11:45 am

Bashing lever rifles chambered in pistol calibers is absolutely personal opinion and not an especially informed opinion, at that. Chambering lever guns in the same cartridge you could use in your Colt or other revolver is as old as the Old West, itself. It was hugely popular, then, and it remains so, now.
2 x

Mistered
Drover
United States of America

Post by Mistered » Sat Sep 14, 2019 11:48 am

Bashing lever rifles chambered in pistol calibers is absolutely personal opinion and not an especially informed opinion, at that.
Just to be clear the OP in that forum was bashing Henry in general (which he does often) - not specifically PC caliber levers.
1 x

BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Post by BigAl52 » Sat Sep 14, 2019 7:34 pm

Ive noticed he hasnt returned to comment again.
0 x
Don't worry about getting older and still doing stupid stuff. You'll do the stupid stuff as always, only much slower. Hold my beer and watch this.......

H001T .22LR
H001T .22LR MONUMENT VALLEY
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55

markiver54
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by markiver54 » Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:34 pm

BigAl52 wrote:
Sat Sep 14, 2019 7:34 pm
Ive noticed he hasnt returned to comment again.
No surprise. Read that whole thread. He probably won't be back, at least not on that thread anyway. :roll:
0 x
I'm your Huckleberry