Henry's new single shots
BigBlue
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Re: Single Shot Number 6

Post by BigBlue » Tue Dec 10, 2019 6:38 am

Mistered wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 8:26 pm
I paid $150 a few years ago for my .223 HBar SB2 and it has the basic wood stock and much better than pallet wood!

It shoots very well as has a fair trigger but could use a little work.

I am considering a .243 barrel for mine as I am a fan of the .243 and have a kit built Santa Barbara Mauser in it.
My Son's first hunting rifle was an H&R Handi rifle in .243.
0 x
“Better to fight for something than live for nothing."-- George S. Patton

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:58 am

not a rifle but my first shotgun was a H&R TOPPER 12ga 36" barrel with a full choke .... I bear hunted with it loaded 2 3/4" 00 Winchester buckshot but never had an opportunity to take a shot at a bear .... when it came to turkey shoots, it did prove to be one heck of a shotgun .. ;) .. H&R most certainly made really solid rifles and shotguns
0 x

Mistered
Drover
United States of America

Post by Mistered » Tue Dec 10, 2019 1:59 pm

My Son's first hunting rifle was an H&R Handi rifle in .243.
I have been researching SB2 barrels and inquiring as to the common 'fitting' issue that had previously been something required by the 'factory' if a secondary barrel was wanted by an owner.

Well, (and as I thought) 'fitting' is typically very minimal and most have reported additional barrels fitting their actions perfectly with no additional work needed other than maybe some minor burrs or roughness removed or polished out.

I have founds some .357 barrels but the asking prices are astronomical and nothing I would consider. Some were not far off of a complete rifle.

I also had an afterthought on the possibility of a standard diameter barrel not fitting my forestock due to it being fit for the HBar of the .223 and leaving a gap.

As usual more ideas than action.....
0 x