Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

An Interesting Mod on a SS .357.

Henry's new single shots
Mistered
Drover
United States of America

Re: An Interesting Mod on a SS .357.

Post by Mistered » Fri May 10, 2019 1:42 pm

I would think you"ve also made it harder to attract buyers.
Like a lot of things selling was probably not an initial consideration.
On the same site a nice Series 70 Gold Cup was up for sale - and while originally blued it had been re-coated with hard chrome/nickle process.
It was however priced accordingly given the modification ($750 and sold quickly) and quite frankly looked pretty good. In this case the value was hurt but the gun was still in it's original configuration so someone got a very good deal and I am sure there were many in line to buy it..
In the case of the Henry I can't see many wanting a SS modified in the manner it is.
GC.jpg
GC.jpg (59.51 KiB) Viewed 1990 times
0 x

Coote
Tenderfoot
New Zealand

Post by Coote » Wed May 29, 2019 11:42 pm

I've seen a lot of rifles with suppressors. Comparatively speaking, that is one of the prettiest. The 'Henry' still shines through. The can isn't very big, but with subsonic loads I guess it would help reduce the noise. Great to see a suppressed rig that has open sights. I'd be happy to own it. It would be an ideal rifle for some of the places I go.

Here is a Ruger 10/22 with a PVC suppressor. It works well, it is mounted below center so I can still see the iron sights, but it isn't attractive:

And here is a suppressor on a Lee Enfield that my father built long before having suppressors on a centerfire was common. Sorry about the wind noise on the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0u7x4Ok52JU
0 x

BrokenolMarine
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by BrokenolMarine » Thu May 30, 2019 10:24 pm

Folks who want suppressors usually have a purpose in mind. Many years ago, I had an acquaintance who owned a string of muffler shops. He had a feral cats in his neighborhood. He applied to ATF for permits to manufacture three suppressors for .22 caliber firearms. After jumping thru hoops, the paperwork came, and he made his three. One for a ruger mkii pistol, one for his 10-22 rifle, and one for a cz bolt action. The long barreled cz with no moving bolt was the quietest, especially with subsonic ammo. Things worked out so well, he got the permits to start an actual suppressor business.

I can see the suppressed 357 being used for coyote or feral dogs. Shooting supressed, you might get shots at multiples in the pack.
1 x
You can tell a lot about the character of a man...
by the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.