Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

H 015 new model changes.

Henry's new single shots
Yornoc3
Cattle Driver
United States of America

H 015 new model changes.

Post by Yornoc3 » Sun Dec 23, 2018 11:49 am

I've been intrigued about apparent minor changes made to the Henry single shot rifles, particularly after reading a reference to old model vs new model in regard to scope mounts made for Henry by Talley. I happen to have temporary custody of a H015-308, which will be a Christmas present for my son-in-law. It was made a month ago, so fits the new model profile. The significant changes are two: the forearm checkering is scaled back to two panels, rather than the full wrap around of the early models (still looks good, but not as nice as the full wrap), and the location of the scope base mounting screws has been moved forward to nominally 0.4 inch from the breech (it was about 0.2 inch, this is better, because now the full range of NEF/H&R bases should fit without modification, especially my preferred Warne 981M :)). Otherwise, the fit and finish remains really good, nice Walnut with quite a bit of fiddleback. I found the trigger pull weight to be more than my old models at close to the weight of the rifle (it'll probably go see Henry for that, after Christmas), and the hammer spring could be stronger, too. Hard to tell, since I have spurs on mine. Both of theses issues have been raised on other posts I've read recently. Since this one isn't mine, I don't get to mess with it much, but it's now time to order my 30-30 ;) .
5 x

BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Re: H 015 new model changes.

Post by BigAl52 » Sun Dec 23, 2018 1:06 pm

Bought my scope rail from EGW. I just checked my scope base screws and they are exactly what you have said. However I must have got the old forend on my 357 because it has the full wrap checkering
0 x
Don't worry about getting older and still doing stupid stuff. You'll do the stupid stuff as always, only much slower. Hold my beer and watch this.......

H001T .22LR
H001T .22LR MONUMENT VALLEY
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55