Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Wonder when

Henry's new single shots
Mistered
Drover
United States of America

Re: Wonder when

Post by Mistered » Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:55 am

Just for the heck of it I emailed Tyler Gun Works to ask about their process for CCH the Henry levers and the response was:

Ed, thanks for your message this is definitely done in a traditional method the dates back to the late 1700s.
The chemical or flax Color Case does not hold up and in my opinion should not be used in the industry.
Thanks again Bobby

In God We Trust!

Bobby Tyler
Tyler Gun Works
2255 FM 2397
Friona, Texas 79035
806-729-7292

Then I responded with:

Bobby,

Thanks for the reply!
Now do you also do the receivers for Henry for their CCH models?
Again thanks.

Ed

To which he replied:

Yes sir

In God We Trust!

Bobby Tyler

So good on Henry for having the parts CCH by the traditional method instead of chemical.
1 x

ESquared
Deputy Administrator
United States of America

Post by ESquared » Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:07 am

Yep, the real deal, but time and labor intensive, hence the cost differential. Don't know for sure, but would doubt there are many companies doing this in the firearms space.
Speaks to why CCH scope rings are $150+/pair.
0 x
BB Steel .357 | SGC 22LR | LR .308 | CCH 30-30 | BB Brass .45 Colt (Carbine) | Single Shot 20 gauge | Single Shot .223 | Single Shot 357

Hidden Mortimer
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by Hidden Mortimer » Fri Nov 30, 2018 5:18 am

Well I guess I could settle for the brass model with an octagonal barrel. But I don’t think there is enough demand for something like that so I don’t see Henry making them.
0 x

steider
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Post by steider » Fri Nov 30, 2018 4:22 pm

I’m surprised they didn’t first come out with octagon barrels. It would have mounted a scope much better and added weight. But, I can see why they didn’t go that route for now. Just this is a brand new model they probably wanted to keep costs low until they work out the kinks and any surprise issues.
0 x