Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Can anyone confirm what I think I just saw?

Henry's new single shots
Yornoc3
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Can anyone confirm what I think I just saw?

Post by Yornoc3 » Fri May 11, 2018 3:47 pm

I occasionally check out Henry single shots on Gunbroker, to see what's there and how much they're asking. Today there were some .243's, which had been rare. A seller had up two, both with 27 pictures :!: , so I looked 'em over. Aside from great wood on one (for which he's asking plenty ;) ) I noticed on both rifles on the vertical view of the receiver/standing breech that the mounting screws' location appears to be located a bit forward from where they are on mine. Did Henry recently relocate the screw holes so that all of the NEF/H&R bases will fit without modification? Good idea if they did, I modified a Warne 981M for my 45-70, and will be doing another for the .243, because the Weaver 82 does't work for we short people ;) . Not that I mind modifying a base that much, but I'd like it better if it fit from scratch.
0 x

BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Re: Can anyone confirm what I think I just saw?

Post by BigAl52 » Fri May 11, 2018 7:12 pm

One way to find out is call them. I have also seen those 243's one does have nice wood.
0 x
Don't worry about getting older and still doing stupid stuff. You'll do the stupid stuff as always, only much slower. Hold my beer and watch this.......

H001T .22LR
H001T .22LR MONUMENT VALLEY
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55

Yornoc3
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Re: Can anyone confirm what I think I just saw?

Post by Yornoc3 » Fri May 11, 2018 9:44 pm

I thought about just sending them an E-mail, but what fun would that be? Actually, I'm glad they made that change - assuming they did - because the Weaver 82 was the only no modification option with the original location. That was something I didn't know when I ordered a Warne 981M base before I got my 45-70. Fortunately, a little filing and it fits perfectly. I'm glad that with the new version, no one else should have to do that. Maybe the old hole location models will go on sale? :)
0 x