Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Well, I did it again...

Henry's new single shots
Yornoc3
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Well, I did it again...

Post by Yornoc3 » Wed May 02, 2018 5:14 pm

I went to Rice Lake, WI, today for a check up with my audiologist. So I stopped by at Fireline, the local Henry dealer (almost within sight of the plant where they make 'em), to see if they either had a .243 single shot, or how long it would take to get one, if they didn't. I have this NIB Leupold FX II 6X that's been begging for a Henry to be fitted to ;) . Well, they had 2 .243's, so I picked out the one with the pretty wood (actually, both were really good) and brought it home. They're addictive :) .
6 x

PT7
Drover
United States of America

Re: Well, I did it again...

Post by PT7 » Wed May 02, 2018 5:45 pm

Sure would like to see some pictures of the pretty wood! Henry knows that cool look is an addiction for many folk. ;)

When you get to the shooting range, a Range Report would be a welcome read for us also.
Congrats on your single shot, and enjoy. :)
Yornoc3 wrote:I went to Rice Lake, WI, today for a check up with my audiologist. So I stopped by at Fireline, the local Henry dealer (almost within sight of the plant where they make 'em), to see if they either had a .243 single shot, or how long it would take to get one, if they didn't. I have this NIB Leupold FX II 6X that's been begging for a Henry to be fitted to ;) . Well, they had 2 .243's, so I picked out the one with the pretty wood (actually, both were really good) and brought it home. They're addictive :) .
0 x

~Пока~

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Wed May 02, 2018 6:21 pm

congratulations indeed .... sure would like to some pictures
0 x

Mac11700
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Post by Mac11700 » Wed May 02, 2018 6:36 pm

Congratulations...

I understand the feeling too

Mac
0 x

BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Post by BigAl52 » Wed May 02, 2018 10:02 pm

At first I wondered why about the Single Shots but the more I look at them the more I think I would like to have one. Currently the only model I think I would buy is the 44 mag. I have all the hunting guns I need along with 223 and 45-70's. But I see these single shots not staying around very long on the for sale shelf. I think right now on Gunbroker there is more 223 than anything else. But a brass and a steel 44 mag are sitting there tempting me. I shouldnt even mention this with all the enablers we have on here but the steel model looks pretty nice. I would jump right on it if it was a 357 but Im just thinking because its a 44 mag. Al
0 x
Don't worry about getting older and still doing stupid stuff. You'll do the stupid stuff as always, only much slower. Hold my beer and watch this.......

H001T .22LR
H001T .22LR MONUMENT VALLEY
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55

steelersfan97
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by steelersfan97 » Wed May 02, 2018 10:17 pm

I have a single shot H&R in 45 Colt and would be interested in getting one in the same caliber if Henry was to produce one. They are a lot of fun to shoot and do help to conserve ammunition.

I have a Henry in .223 but have not fired it yet.
0 x
H006M, H015-223

Les
Cowboy
South Africa

Post by Les » Thu May 03, 2018 4:12 am

There's nothing like a bit of retail therapy to brighten up the day! ;)

Congratulations on your new Henry! :D
0 x

Yornoc3
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by Yornoc3 » Thu May 03, 2018 1:21 pm

The wood's not as nice as NoFlyZone's .223, but is similar in that it has dark grain contrasting with a lighter background, along with faint fiddleback. The one I didn't pick had more pronounced fiddleback, but not as much distinct grain. It wasn't easy, they were a horse apiece. Henry is consistently offering wood that would be considered semi-fancy or even fancy on some of these inexpensive single shots. I don't know how they do it ;) . But it does keep us old time wood fanciers in the game, there was no way I wasn't buying one of them. And I should add that I looked at Gunbroker when I got home; I couldn't have paid less had I bought on line, with shipping and a FFL fee, it'd would have been at least $30-40 dollars more, even allowing for WI sales tax. Sometimes an impulse buy saves money :) .
1 x

brianpa
Wrangler
United States of America

Post by brianpa » Thu May 03, 2018 7:34 pm

I've had a 44 mag on back order for a month I hope it soon gets here.
0 x
H015-44,H009G

Yornoc3
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by Yornoc3 » Sat May 05, 2018 9:11 am

Even Fireline, practically next door to the factory, has a heck of a time getting single shots in the door. They mentioned some veiled way of working around their distributors to get them. Hang in there, it'll arrive soon.
0 x