My HO15-308 is home

Henry's new single shots
JCN
Cowboy
United States of America

Re: My HO15-308 is home

Post by JCN » Sun May 27, 2018 6:53 pm

Looking forward to hearing the results.

This rifle in 45-70 has been on my 'want list' for a while now.
0 x
Henry Big Boy Steel .357 mag

slofyr
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Post by slofyr » Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:40 pm

by Mac11700 » Thu May 24, 2018 2:16 pm
Mac11700 wrote:I should have my 308 back tomorrow....
Mac
June 2 - It is beginning to look doubtful that Henry fixed it.
0 x

Mac11700
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Post by Mac11700 » Tue Jun 05, 2018 5:38 pm

slofyr wrote:by Mac11700 » Thu May 24, 2018 2:16 pm
Mac11700 wrote:I should have my 308 back tomorrow....
Mac
June 2 - It is beginning to look doubtful that Henry fixed it.
Well.. They fixed it but a couple of other things happened to it from the time I sent it in to the day I opened the box. The trigger was better than before but after speaking with them I sent it right back. They are taking good care of me though, so as soon as I get a new back I will let you all know... They are some really great people who are in charge there..

Mac
2 x

slofyr
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Post by slofyr » Wed Jun 06, 2018 12:53 am

Did they reduce the hammer pull?
0 x

Mac11700
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Post by Mac11700 » Wed Jun 06, 2018 2:03 pm

slofyr wrote:Did they reduce the hammer pull?
Somewhat.. I didn't have the opportunity to scale it but it seemed to be somewhat easier to cock it without having the hammer spur attached . The trigger pull was definitely better and broke cleanly this time around. It too seemed lighter but since I had loaned out my scale I can't say exactly what either was.

My hat is off to the great folks at Henry for going the extra mile for me... especially Lori who has been handling this for me.. Awesome... simply Awesome. She said that they are going over it completely before it goes out.

My new Henry Single Shot should be(hopefully) shipping out to me by the end of the week. I'll post more when I get it home.

Mac
1 x

Mac11700
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Post by Mac11700 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:06 pm

Mac11700 wrote:
slofyr wrote:Did they reduce the hammer pull?
Somewhat.. I didn't have the opportunity to scale it but it seemed to be somewhat easier to cock it without having the hammer spur attached . The trigger pull was definitely better and broke cleanly this time around. It too seemed lighter but since I had loaned out my scale I can't say exactly what either was.

My hat is off to the great folks at Henry for going the extra mile for me... especially Lori who has been handling this for me.. Awesome... simply Awesome. She said that they are going over it completely before it goes out.

My new Henry Single Shot should be(hopefully) shipping out to me by the end of the week. I'll post more when I get it home.

Mac
Just got a notice that the 308 will be here tomorrow...

I'll let you all know when I get it unwrapped

Mac
2 x

Mac11700
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Post by Mac11700 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:15 pm

My new 308 is home

First off I would really like to express my appreciation to the fine folks at Henry who went the extra mile to get this all straighten out.

When I got my 308 back from sending it in to them,upon opening the box and inspecting it, it had somehow been damaged.Since it had never been taken outside and only lightly oiled, I was extremely disappointed by this. The stock had been dented and the receiver had been scratched. Setting on the sofa with the box on my lap, I called Henry and was directed to Lori to sort this out.

After a few minutes of discussion we elected to have them replace it instead of refunding the cost of it. I did make a few requests contingent of this. Since I had a low serial number, the new one had to be lower, the wood had to be better than I had, and that it was thoroughly gone over making sure that the trigger pull was not like before and that it shoots perfectly fine.

Lori assured me that they would definitely do this and that she would personally see to this and would be involved in this process all the way through, and she was 100% truthful to her word. Let no one doubt her commitment to resolving problems and building trust in Henry's relationships and reputation with it's customers.

The wood is excellent, and I will get some better quality pictures of it to share. The trigger is night and day different than the other one, and breaks cleanly without a hitch, with just a tiny touch of creep, which I know will smooth out the more the rifle is shot. I can't expect any better on this type of rifle. I still don't have my scale back but comparing it to my other rifles I would say that it is pulling at 5-6 pounds which is a good trigger pull for whom this beauty is destined for eventually. The hammer pull weight is vastly improved as well. They truly did a excellent job on this one. The serial number is in the single digits and is one of the first 5 produced in this series, which is a major bonus and highly desirable for any collection

In my 62 years on this earth, dealing with just about every gun company with warranty work and different customer service departments, in this instance has been the most pleasant experience I have ever had. I now am a Happy Henry customer for life.

Please excuse the picture quality, my phone doesn't do this rifle any justice... and I will take some better pictures after I get a chance to take it to the range for some shooting. Yes I am going to shoot it because I want to see how well it does before I pass it on to one of my sons. I rushed outside to take these 2 pictures so please know that they aren't the best or show just how good the color and grain really look.

To Lori and the rest of the fine people at Henry...

THANK YOU

Mac
0 x

Cofisher
Drover
United States of America

Post by Cofisher » Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:03 pm

Beautiful, and worth the wait. Happy for you. Henry does it again!
0 x
Remember, it's not how many guns you have. It's how many bullets you have.

Yornoc3
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by Yornoc3 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:07 pm

Really nice!
0 x

Mac11700
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Post by Mac11700 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:29 pm

Cofisher wrote:Beautiful, and worth the wait. Happy for you. Henry does it again!
Yessiri that they did.

I should have a range report within a few weeks or possibly the first week of July . I've got a lot of work scheduled right now.

Mac
1 x