Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

My New Single Shot is here!

Henry's new single shots
Yornoc3
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Re: My New Single Shot is here!

Post by Yornoc3 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 1:32 pm

They're a really good outfit to deal with, in my opinion. They host the "Reeds Gun Fair" at the Rice Creek game farm over near Brainard, MN every April. It's a try and buy affair, with some great deals, no sales tax, etc., that I've never attended without buying something :oops: . This year's event is April 20-22. That's a month after I trade in my old left knee on a new one; I might not be quite ready to go this year :( . Somebody here will have to step up and fill in for me ;) .
1 x

Squatch
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by Squatch » Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:33 am

I'm a fan of the brass Henry's. But I have to say that is one stunning rifle! :shock: :D
0 x
Any load data discussed by me is for entertainment purposes only. I can not condone or be responsible for it's use by others.

tractortad
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by tractortad » Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:11 am

Congrats on a really nice looking Henry - that's definitely a keeper. Now that these are starting to show up more often, it will be interesting to see how peeps and scopes work with them...
1 x
US Submarine Service 1976-2006
Henry H001TLP,H001TLB,H003T,H004,H006R,H006M,H012R,H012AW,H012MRCC,H010CC,H015-357,H015-44,H015-4570
Winchester 9422,1873,1885,1886,1892
Marlin 39A,AS,CL,D,M,Mountie,TDS,1897CB,Texan,1894CB,1895CBA,1895SBL
Ruger #1 44Mag

cruzerbotz
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Post by cruzerbotz » Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:06 pm

Mine is on layaway. Saw a 243 in an LGS and handled it. But, was looking for a 223. If they are all like the one I handled, they are nice. Fit and finish was good. Checked Bud's this evening and they had them. So, put one on layaway. Excellent price. Free shipping. No sales tax and only a $10 transfer from the FFL here. Life is good.
1 x

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:39 pm

cruzerbotz wrote:Mine is on layaway. Saw a 243 in an LGS and handled it. But, was looking for a 223. If they are all like the one I handled, they are nice. Fit and finish was good. Checked Bud's this evening and they had them. So, put one on layaway. Excellent price. Free shipping. No sales tax and only a $10 transfer from the FFL here. Life is good.

good choice, it should serve you well .... welcome indeed, delighted to have you join our forum .... looking forward to your range reports and use comments ..... please take a look at our How Many ? thread (link below) and add your Henry to our community's total

http://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic.p ... &start=430
0 x

H.lake
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Post by H.lake » Wed Mar 28, 2018 2:42 am

Beautiful gun! I'm going to get one and I hope mine has that wood!!!!!
0 x

PT7
Drover
United States of America

Post by PT7 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 7:20 am

Sure can see why you wrote how excited you were....if your .223 shoots half as good as it looks, that will be something else! That stock is simply beautiful wood with its excellent running grains.

Every time I see a Henry wood stock that stands out like a beacon, I'm proud that Henry gets a lot of wood from my state here in MO. Of course, I don't whether your stock is actually from here, but a good chance it may be.

Anyway, I'm interested in the many great things our MO Dept of Conservation does in this state, and the MO forests are right in the thick of their efforts. If it is a MO-wood stock, you and MO both done really, really good! Enjoy. :D PT7

P.S. In keeping with a more stock look of your Henry, my preference would be an iron peep sight. For me, that would also help turn my view immediately to all that beautiful wood! ;)

NoFlyZone wrote:Hello fellow Henry Addicts!
I'm excited... I received my Single Shot in .223. I've been looking at them for a while. They were hard to find, but getting easier now.
I found a place online that had 3 of them for a super price. Over the phone I asked, and the sales guy said he would look at the 3 and send me the best looking one. I said "I'll take it". Fast forward a few days and now I have it. I think it looks very nice! I've never seen or held any of the single shots in person before getting mine. The quality looks and feels great, looking forward to shooting it. I'm not sure if I'll keep the iron sights (all iron sights are a bit hard for me to see) or if I'll go with a peep or scope? I'm not usually a scope user either.

Anywhoooo, Here are a couple pictures.

1 x

~Пока~

DaveShooter
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Post by DaveShooter » Sun Apr 01, 2018 12:53 pm

Awesome news !!! :D :D
0 x

Mac11700
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Post by Mac11700 » Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:20 pm

:o

What a beautiful rifle.

I'm going to pick up my 308 tommorow morning and I hope that my stock is awesome too.

Congrats

Mac
2 x

cruzerbotz
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Post by cruzerbotz » Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:45 pm

Finally got my 223. Had it on layaway and decided to get it out a month ago. Bud's shipped it. Then Oh Noooooooooo!!!!!!!!! The FFL it was going to was moving. The first delivery attempt failed, but it was delivered the next day. Except...... the FFL didn't have all his paperwork for the new location. It went on forever and after three weeks, finally got it!! Nice wood. Will do a photo when I get a chance.
Ordered an EGW picatinny for it. Looked like there was a groove down the rail so the sights could be used. Also picked up a Nikon 223 for $126 that I'll try on it.

Now, all we need is some 80 degree weather. This 90 degrees is not fun.
2 x