Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Single shot pistol?

Henry's new single shots
SingleAction357
Cowhand
United States of America

Single shot pistol?

Post by SingleAction357 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:36 pm

Would anyone be interested in like a silhouette pistol crafted from these same actions? I think Henry ought to be making them, optics ready with iron sights would be the business from the factory in any caliber the rifles are offered in. Could be good for hunting and target shooting, would also be good as a sort of modern howdah pistol in the same caliber as your rifle. It could also conceivably be cheaper than the single shot rifles since it takes less material and they could offer a wide variety of barrel lengths. Who's with me on this one?
0 x

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Re: Single shot pistol?

Post by Sir Henry » Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:21 pm

A single shot pistol would also be lighter making it a good survival firearm. I responded to the Mare's Leg thread suggesting a bolt action. How about a single shot Bolt action Mare's Leg in centerfire calibers?
0 x
Hi, my name is Gene and I'm a Henryholic from Wisconsin.

Range Reporter: Henry Repeater

SingleAction357
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by SingleAction357 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:57 pm

Sir Henry wrote:A single shot pistol would also be lighter making it a good survival firearm. I responded to the Mare's Leg thread suggesting a bolt action. How about a single shot Bolt action Mare's Leg in centerfire calibers?
A left handed bolt for right handed shooters and a more conventional pistol grip, that would be neat and the action could handle big medicine. Idk if I'd like the Obrez "Mares Leg shape on a bolt pistol that's a single shooter. I just suggested using the break barrel design cause they'll already have parts.
0 x

SingleAction357
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by SingleAction357 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:59 pm

Also, a break barrel pistol will always be ambidextrous.
0 x

SingleAction357
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by SingleAction357 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:29 pm

Here's an idea, a break action single shot pistol that accepts .45 colt, .454 Cassull, .460 S&W, and 3 inch .410 shot shells. That would be a neat multi caliber cannon.
0 x

North Country Gal
Firearms Advisor
United States of America

Post by North Country Gal » Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:22 pm

Of course, you guys do know that all of these ideas have been done, before. These are called specialty pistols and they started back in the mid 60s with the Remington XP-100 and the Contender a couple of years, later. Given that a lot of these specialty pistols disappeared with the decline of silhouette shooting, I would LOVE to see more options, though. Hope Henry listens to you guys.

As far as a right handed bolt action pistol with a bolt on the left side for ease of operation when holding the gun in the right hand, here's a great specialty pistol from the silhouette days, no longer made. I often joke that t's my most accurate 22 "rifle". Two stage trigger is set at the factory at 8 ounces, though it can be safely set even lighter by the user. Will do a report on it, sometime.

Anschutz Exemplar, 22 LR, made in the late 80s.
1 x

tx gunrunner
Firearms Advisor
United States of America

Post by tx gunrunner » Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:17 pm

North Country Gal wrote:

That is the best 22 pistol ever made at any price . :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
0 x

North Country Gal
Firearms Advisor
United States of America

Post by North Country Gal » Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:51 am

Can't argue that, at least from the standpoint of accuracy. Really is unique.
1 x

SingleAction357
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by SingleAction357 » Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:37 pm

North Country Gal wrote:Of course, you guys do know that all of these ideas have been done, before. These are called specialty pistols and they started back in the mid 60s with the Remington XP-100 and the Contender a couple of years, later. Given that a lot of these specialty pistols disappeared with the decline of silhouette shooting, I would LOVE to see more options, though. Hope Henry listens to you guys.

As far as a right handed bolt action pistol with a bolt on the left side for ease of operation when holding the gun in the right hand, here's a great specialty pistol from the silhouette days, no longer made. I often joke that t's my most accurate 22 "rifle". Two stage trigger is set at the factory at 8 ounces, though it can be safely set even lighter by the user. Will do a report on it, sometime.

Large cal centerfire versions of this would rock.
0 x

tx gunrunner
Firearms Advisor
United States of America

Post by tx gunrunner » Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:12 am

SingleAction357 wrote:
Large cal centerfire versions of this would rock.
I made this on in the 80's
Attachments
Picture821.jpg
Picture821.jpg (64.84 KiB) Viewed 3280 times
0 x