Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Does anyone have one yet?......

Henry's new single shots
ditto1958
Cowboy
United States of America

Re: Does anyone have one yet?......

Post by ditto1958 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:53 pm

I got to shoot an H&R chambered in .223 yesterday. What a treat. Very fun rifle to shoot. If Henry does as good, and I expect their's we be even better, we are going to be happy campers.
1 x

Hidden Mortimer
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by Hidden Mortimer » Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:41 pm

So it's past mid-September and almost October. Any body have any news about availability?
1 x

BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Post by BigAl52 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:56 am

I took a look on Gunbroker usually they show up there quick. I havent seen one there yet. Al
0 x
Don't worry about getting older and still doing stupid stuff. You'll do the stupid stuff as always, only much slower. Hold my beer and watch this.......

H001T .22LR
H001T .22LR MONUMENT VALLEY
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55

Hidden Mortimer
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by Hidden Mortimer » Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:56 pm

I just checked Gunbroker and they have the 223 steel listed for $329.59 with free shipping .
1 x

Yornoc3
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by Yornoc3 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:43 pm

I just had an "E-mail conversation" with Henry that said that the rifles are in production, but it'll be a while before all the distributors get what they've ordered. It's going a bit slower than they hoped, I guess. It's good to hear at least one is out there ;) .
2 x

Hidden Mortimer
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by Hidden Mortimer » Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:15 am

Some of the ones that were on gunbrocker are gone. I wonder if anyone has written a review on one yet, especially on a 45-70.
0 x

ditto1958
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by ditto1958 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:30 am

It’s my turn to whine. :)

I’ve been looking forward to these since they announced them. It’s been a year now, I think? More gun mamufacturers could do well by taking a page from Ruger’s playbook and have guns available the day they are announced.
0 x

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by Sir Henry » Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:53 am

ditto1958 wrote:It’s my turn to whine. :)

I’ve been looking forward to these since they announced them. It’s been a year now, I think? More gun mamufacturers could do well by taking a page from Ruger’s playbook and have guns available the day they are announced.
I believe Henry has said they will not announce any more new rifles until they are available.
0 x
Hi, my name is Gene and I'm a Henryholic from Wisconsin.

Range Reporter: Henry Repeater

Yornoc3
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by Yornoc3 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:26 pm

I just noticed a review (5 stars!) of an undetermined caliber on Cabelas Web Site, where they still show them as "out of stock, backorderable". I haven't bugged anyone at Henry about mine (ordered and paid for in April) lately, but it's about time I do, again ;). I think I'll ask for hand selected great wood :). Since I didn't get it in time for deer season, it's not real urgent, at this point. Still, I'd like to get my hands on one, winter is a good time to plan how to set it up.
1 x

Yornoc3
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by Yornoc3 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:40 pm

My steel reciever 45-70 arrived at my dealer today, and is now in my hands :D . We've all seen pictures of these, so I'll fill in some details. I'm really impressed with the fit and finish, and the wood quality is pretty nice, too, with strong grain and some fiddleback. The wood fit is barely, if at all, proud to the metal. Overall, It's close to being as nice as my Ruger #1-A 7mm Mauser. Checkering on the forearm wraps all the way around, while on the stock it consists of two panels; the checkering itself is sharp and clean. The forearm is attached with a phillips head screw, similar to the NEF/H&R rifles. The trigger feels good, not heavy, but until I find a snap cap, I really can't tell weight. The rifle weighs 6 lbs 13 1/2 oz., for those wondering how hard it's going to kick ;). It's 15 above and windy, so I'll report back on that when the weather is suitable for sighting in and playing with it a bit (and I decide about scope and mounts). All in all, it was worth waiting for.
1 x