Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Does anyone have one yet?......

Henry's new single shots
steelersfan97
Cowhand
United States of America

Does anyone have one yet?......

Post by steelersfan97 » Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:46 pm

I would love to hear from someone that actually owns one. Overall quality, accuracy....anything....
0 x
H006M, H015-223

Yornoc3
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Re: Does anyone have one yet?......

Post by Yornoc3 » Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:53 pm

Well, they're supposed to be shipping early in August - but probably not quite this early ;) . I'm supposed to get the first 45-70 that shows up at Fireline, in Rice Lake, WI (you can almost see the plant from there, so it shouldn't take long, unless the distributor is in Florida). I'll post about pretty soon, I hope.
2 x

Hidden Mortimer
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by Hidden Mortimer » Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:24 pm

I wander what the hold up is for these rifles. Anybody have any speculations? Maybe they're adding 2" to the 45-70 :P
0 x

Yornoc3
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by Yornoc3 » Fri Aug 25, 2017 3:55 pm

Well, I've been checking in with Henry, and it sounds like it'll be a while yet before we see the single shots show up :( . Unfortunately, I have no spies in the Rice Lake plant who'll say exactly why ;) . If I had to guess, I'd bet on demand for some of the other new models has exceeded expectations, maybe single shot guns not so much. I'm still hoping for this fall, though.
0 x

ditto1958
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by ditto1958 » Sat Aug 26, 2017 3:35 pm

This is like waiting for Christmas. :(

In fact, I hope I didn't just jinx us. I'd like to see them before then.
0 x

steelersfan97
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by steelersfan97 » Sun Aug 27, 2017 12:33 am

Other than the .223 version, I am not that interested in owning any of the calibers available as of today. I am more interested in hearing about the quality of the rifles. My hope is that a .357 model is produced at some time in the future or maybe a 45 Colt version.
1 x
H006M, H015-223

Mgderf
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by Mgderf » Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:13 pm

Yornoc3 wrote:Well, I've been checking in with Henry, and it sounds like it'll be a while yet before we see the single shots show up :( . Unfortunately, I have no spies in the Rice Lake plant who'll say exactly why ;) . If I had to guess, I'd bet on demand for some of the other new models has exceeded expectations, maybe single shot guns not so much. I'm still hoping for this fall, though.
I began my quest for a .327 Federal magnum lever action rifle back in 2008, when I bought my first revolver in the caliber.
At that time, no one was producing such an animal.
I contacted Henry, and every other lever gun maker I could find contact information for, requesting a lever action .327.

Henry was the only company to respond to my contact, but they told me, "We have no plans to produce such a rifle at this time.
That was 2015.
January of 2017 rolled around and I found out Henry was going to produce my rifle.
I IMMEDIATELY contacted Henry to try to get my hands on one of these new levers.

I was told in January that they would start shipping in February, then March, then May...
Long story short, I received my new .327 fed/mag lever in mid-August.

During my continued contacts with Henry customer service between January and August, I was told several different times that preference was going toward the .41mag levers first, due to high demand.
The .327's were not far behind.
I was told over and over that the demand for the .327's caught Henry completely off guard.
They have already sped up production of the .327's to try to keep up with the demand.

I'm hoping this bodes well for the cartridge, and really hope someone will come up with rifle specific loads for the caliber.

Hang in there.
Henry is working hard to meet demands.
1 x

Hidden Mortimer
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by Hidden Mortimer » Fri Sep 01, 2017 10:58 am

Henry updated their website, now supposedly they'll all be shipping mid-September.
1 x

Yornoc3
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by Yornoc3 » Fri Sep 01, 2017 4:03 pm

Sooner or later they'll be right, right? ;) I guess I'd rather wait a bit than see them rush production; I'm still inclined to think they've simply put more new things on the market than they've been able to keep up with. Not a bad thing to have your products in demand.
2 x

Hidden Mortimer
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by Hidden Mortimer » Sat Sep 02, 2017 3:51 am

Yornoc3 I hope that is the case and think you're right, but I'm still hoping they'll listen to my wish of adding slightly longer barrels to help me with the sight radius since I don't plan to scope it.
0 x